Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Celectian Observatory so pricy!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Why does the Celestian Observatory cost SO much!

The recipe alone costs 75,000 Gold and then you have the Regents.

You need 5 Perfect Onyxes which is 500 together, 3 pristine Vials for 1500, 5 Unstoppable Treasure Cards each for 250,

Now for the things you have to craft.

8 Star Chalices that require 21,186 + more

Then 7 Crystal street lamps that needs 16,950 just for the recipe then then about 30,000 for the regents for that.

4 Celestian Sconces for 13,005 for the Recipe then about 15,000 for the regents for that.

3 Celestian Sprigs for 9,690 for the Recipe and about 15,000 gold for the Regents.

Then two Celestians Shields that only drop from Enemies.

Altogether, the Celestian Observatory is VERY expensive and costs SO much, it is not even the biggest house in the game!

I think we need another Celestian house/castle in the game because this house is So expensive, normally houses are themed off of two worlds anyways such as the Royal Estate and the Metropolitan Manor that are themed off of Marleybone. And the Jungle Boat house and Sun Palace that are themed off of Zafaria.

Celestia needs two castles/houses two because the one house is SO pricey.

What do you guys think?

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
It's fine. Not all houses are meant to be easily obtained. Having the Celestial Observatory is like a mark of achievement and regardless of how big it is, people know just what kind of work went into making it. If your goal is a big house instead of making a big achievement in crafting, maybe you should be finding other houses to purchase.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I am the proud owner of a Celestial Observatory! I do not think that the price should be lowered or altered in any way. To answer your question there is a second Celestia based house, but it looks more like Crab Alley. It's the Sunken Palace available from the Crowns shop. So that counts as your second Celestian house. I do however wonder why they got rid of the Turtles that sale houses. I mean you buy the one recipe from one in Celestia but otherwise we haven't seen them turtles since Dragonspyre.

You may argue that the Sunken Palace does not count as Celestian Housing, but it does. Celestia and Crab Alley are linked do to the sinking of Celestia by the Storm Titan.

Explorer
Aug 29, 2011
Yeah I think it shows more of a crafting achievement. I was just like you at first and I left the recipe in my spell book for at least a year. It's pretty easy to do once you are a high level, though. And of course you need to have a decent rank in crafting. I actually obtained everything I need for it today, and I'm crafting it tomorrow since all of my crafting slots are cooling down And I got really lucky by finding two Celestian Shields in the Bazaar. Right place at the right time, haha. It seems hard at first but it's easy once you get into it, and it's worth it if you find Celestia as fascinating as I do.