Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Summary of PvP Changes We're Hoping to See

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 29, 2010
Here's a summary from some of the pvp threads I've read along with some of my own hopes and dreams. Feel free to add to this:

1. Person going second receives a stun block (just one) at start of match

2. Person going second does NOT receive an extra power pip (it is a detriment if you're second against a balance)

3. Person going second receives a dispel block (yes I know this would be a new feature, but very needed)

4. Dispel blocks are introduced to the game; a zero pip spell that will 'block' the next dispel placed on you

5. Dispels increased to three pips, with the balance tri-dispel spells increased to six pips

6. Diego gets an IQ increase when deciding tournament matches-remaining pips and spam healing should not increase the chance of you being declared the winner. Please elaborate on what you think is affecting his judgement!

7. More variation in gear stats so different combos become effective, especially a wand with high block, no crit, and average pierce

8. Crit goes bye-bye in pvp, or only does a 50% increase instead of 100%

9. Juju can not be enhanced, guardian spirit is pve only, and power nova is pve only

Explorer
Mar 29, 2010
10. Not possible to receive a shadow pip on first turn if you are first. Maybe for both players, but for sure the person going first.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Possible ideas, but these might change too much:

11. One team decides its actions, then immediately cast them, and then with the other. This removes most of the advantage from getting the first turn.

12. Shadow pips are not random; they rely on an internal counter that increases by Shadow% each turn.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2013
These are some viable, well thought out suggestions. Dispels are too powerful for their low pip cost.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2010
I feel that each school has a spell that they are well known for. Guardian spirit should not be banned from ranked pvp, Just like bad juju, efreet,ect. What it takes is training and strategy to counter those annoying spells. Simply asking to take those spells away is not right.

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
No spells should be banned from PvP except the select few TC that already are. Banning regular spells takes from the strategic point of the game. However, I agree with points about Diego deciding tournaments. It should go off a point system that takes into account your school and give you points decided through multipliers that each school gets. EX: Remaining health: Ice would get a .5 multiplier while getting a 2x multiplier on total damage dealt. Opposite for storm. ect ect.

Also, I agree that shadow pips should not be available on the first turn. This allows for insane first moves. A lucky crit from a first round bugs can pretty much end any match.

I feel like KI needs to take some serious time to fix PvP if they want this game to continue much longer

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
MrFlin t on Jul 9, 2016 wrote:
Here's a summary from some of the pvp threads I've read along with some of my own hopes and dreams. Feel free to add to this:

1. Person going second receives a stun block (just one) at start of match

2. Person going second does NOT receive an extra power pip (it is a detriment if you're second against a balance)

3. Person going second receives a dispel block (yes I know this would be a new feature, but very needed)

4. Dispel blocks are introduced to the game; a zero pip spell that will 'block' the next dispel placed on you

5. Dispels increased to three pips, with the balance tri-dispel spells increased to six pips

6. Diego gets an IQ increase when deciding tournament matches-remaining pips and spam healing should not increase the chance of you being declared the winner. Please elaborate on what you think is affecting his judgement!

7. More variation in gear stats so different combos become effective, especially a wand with high block, no crit, and average pierce

8. Crit goes bye-bye in pvp, or only does a 50% increase instead of 100%

9. Juju can not be enhanced, guardian spirit is pve only, and power nova is pve only
wow
2. I'd rather have no dispel block that not get an extra power pip because its a 1 time no dispel.
5. Balance tri-dispel spells already need alot of pips for a tri dispel that wouldn't even be that accurate
8. Crit does not go bye-bye in pvp, this would become the game of luck when its already dependable on luck
9. Know what? Just throw away power nova just throw balance's only dependable spell AWAY.