Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

May Cast Talents and Their Rates

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 29, 2010
We all know some may cast talents have a frequent cast rate (I'm looking at you, auras). Others.......not so much.

We can't really use the argument that it's based on 'strength' of the spell being cast, because aura spells are extremely powerful AND the pet versions last an extra turn.

I'm feeling like some of these talents are a scam, pure and simple. Why not even the field, at least a little???? Here are some observations and suggestions.

1. May Cast Dispels: I have NEVER EVER NEVER NEVER EVER had any of them trigger. I have 6 good pets with these, three of which have 4 may cast dispels. That's thousands of attempts. Has anyone ever seen it happen? These are the scam of the century, turn them up please!!!!! Or maybe they're completely turned off??? I'm not saying put them on par with aura spells (which should honestly be turned down a bit) but breathe some life into them.

2. Cleanse Ward: This talent, if it worked more than once every fifth blue moon, would be a great way to combat trap stacking. Only myth has even a chance at doing this, or life if they die (boooooo guardian spirit). I've seen this talent trigger three whole times, all three from an opponent laying a trap on me. Turn this baby up.

3. May Cast *any type of shield(s)*: These at least trigger once in a while, but still not worth using. Make em worth it.

4. May Cast *any type of blade(s)*: Same as for shields although balanceblade may be okay the way it is.

5. Cleanse charm (the remove a debuff on yourself): Again, needs to trigger more often, could be super handy in pvp if this talent had a pulse.

6. Smoke Screen/Black Mantle/Weakness: I've seen smoke screen once; black mantle and weakness a couple times. Help 'em be not quite so shy!

7. Healing Talents: These seem super streaky. My pets are apparently healing snobs who refuse to show up to work, but I've seen others' pets go crazy. I have two pets with 4 heals, and they do okay. Probably best to leave healing talents where they are.

9. Shatter and Enfeeble: These seem okay where they are, but again they seem streaky. I like all the things that can trigger enfeeble, but shatter seems to mainly trigger when a trap is placed on the target. Placing shields should trigger it a little more, and placing traps a little less.

There are other categories, like cloud'o'bugs, but I won't cover those. What do you guys think? What other may cast talents need some help to be worth the effort? Are there any others that cast too much besides the auras?