Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Aquila Update and/or New Myth World Ideas?

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Hello Everyone,

So Aquila is based on Greek/Roman Mythology or whatever and the entire School of Myth is kind of too. At least a lot of their spells etc. are from that mythology. I really like the look of Aquila and whatnot however, Aquila is a main World in Pirate101 and if Wizards are not supposed to mess with Pirates that makes it sound like we Wizard's won't get to go Aquila. I feel that is somewhat unfair to the Myth School. As you are all mostly aware:
- Krokotopia
- Polaris and Wintertusk
- Darkmoor (and various world areas)
- Dragonspyre (and various world areas)
- Aquila
- Basically Mooshu and various world areas
- Celestia, Marleybone and various world areas

only gets it's own area if do (to complete the Triad) or if all of the Elemental and Spiritual Schools are there to complete the set. (I mean opposites okay, opposites okay, has no opposite okay, but are opposites?) (I think that it is fine that they are opposites, and I'm not suggesting we change, but it is a little weird.)

Therefore, let it be resolved that: a) Wizard101 gets to see a fully evolved Aquila or b) a new world has it's bases in Myth.

What could this new world be based on though? Firstly, Greece and it's okay that's Aquila but what other great Civilizations are there? Egypt would be my next suggestion but it too has already been taken by Balance. You've got Norse Gods, but that was already taken in Grizzleheim. Some ideas that I did have are making worlds that contain essentially the following as more "mythic":

A Hindu world. (India and Arabia are different places you know).
Babylon based world with a Tower of Babel.
Garden of Eden Based world (might have to share it with )
A Lost City type world- like Atlantis but no water.
A City of Djinns (this may be part of Mirage and may have to share with ) (think Boreas Ifrit or Efreet)
A place involving the Illuminati or Freemasons The All-Seeing-Eye after all is their School Symbol.

What do you guys suggest?

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
I think a Myth school world would be cool! Maybe that could be after Polaris...

Taylor DaisyFlame- Level 70

Survivor
Aug 19, 2014
I like it! My favorite of yours is Eden... A paradise world of peace and harmony that has been devoured by dark forces.. Or maybe Eden could be like the final dungeon, and the world would be Babylon like you said. Ancient and I like the Tower of Babel idea. Perhaps it's kind of like the first civilization of the spiral world.
I also like the Hindu one. Maybe it could go into Mirage, though maybe they aren't the same. But it'd have lots of possibilities. Hindu gods and creatures would make for some very interesting and creative bosses. You could fight gods like Ganesh and Vishnu.

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
Myth is actually represented a lot by Grizzleheim.
Grizzleheim has a lot based on norse mythology, which is personally one of my favorite kinds of mythology.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Leicrex on Jul 19, 2016 wrote:
Myth is actually represented a lot by Grizzleheim.
Grizzleheim has a lot based on norse mythology, which is personally one of my favorite kinds of mythology.
I agree that Norse Mythology had a lot of potential there, but it was undercut by the Elemental Schools, particularly Ice. I mean the Ice and Dragon Titans are depicted in that cave under NorthGuard fighting in an epic duel. (You should check it out it's really cool looking.) It's where the entire Ice Titan dwells. So there is a lot of Ice, Ice, Ice everywhere.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
my little imput...... For it to be considered a world.. it needs a world gate, since it has shown for every world, so technically, Wintertusk, and Aquila arent worlds, since they dont have a world gate...... now what iif in Aquila, you can go through one of those caves, and find a world gate that is busted, and unable to be picked up by other gates (until later when it gets fixed) but the only world it leads to is this myth world which no one has known it even existed, it even rests right outside of the spiral so once you enter, communication would be hard to recieve... idk

Defender
Jul 21, 2013
Wow, Babylon is a place I thought would never be mentioned on this forums or Wizard101 for that matter. It was a lovely place and would look good as a world in Wizard101. What a shame one of the 7 Wonders Of The World was destroyed.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Hey, maybe Aquila and all of Myth are not entirely forgotten. While we didn't get a world, there was those spells from Aquila added in the last update! There may be hope for Myth yet!

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Honestly I feel they didn't put enough work early on into representing different mythical creatures for the Myth school. For example, what does a bat that vomits on you, a frog that vomits on you, ninja pigs that make you wanna vomit, Keeper of the Flame, and earthquake have to do with Myth? Mystic Colossus is another spell that seems out of place, granted most spells from Celestia and up are mostly world themed. I don't think this is a huge issue but I can't help but think that Myth is missing out on a lot of good representations of the school. I think the problem is that all of the other schools are mythical in their own right (Fire Dragon, Hydra, Ra, Satyr, Vampire, definitely Storm Lord, just to name a few) meaning fewer cool spells for Myth. Is it me, or did KingsIsle design the Myth school last?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
ToastedCoaster on Oct 5, 2016 wrote:
Honestly I feel they didn't put enough work early on into representing different mythical creatures for the Myth school. For example, what does a bat that vomits on you, a frog that vomits on you, ninja pigs that make you wanna vomit, Keeper of the Flame, and earthquake have to do with Myth? Mystic Colossus is another spell that seems out of place, granted most spells from Celestia and up are mostly world themed. I don't think this is a huge issue but I can't help but think that Myth is missing out on a lot of good representations of the school. I think the problem is that all of the other schools are mythical in their own right (Fire Dragon, Hydra, Ra, Satyr, Vampire, definitely Storm Lord, just to name a few) meaning fewer cool spells for Myth. Is it me, or did KingsIsle design the Myth school last?
I think that you are probably right. It just seems like a random conglomeration of unrelated talents. I mean first it was supposed to be about minions, but then it turned to Stuns and Shield Removal? Stuns I think should be a primarily Ice related Talent and Shield Removal maybe Fire. (Though in general I just hate Shield Removal in general- Ice Wizard ;D ).

I will admit that Mystic Colossus is probably my favorite looking Myth Spell and Celestian Calendar is a way cool idea. I also don't think the Witch's Hut animation is too bad, but yeah barfing bats and frogs?

Maybe at some point we will be able to see Myth return to it's roots and get either smarter minions or better methods of controlling their minions. Instead of just adding random after affects that shouldn't be part of their school (uh, Medusa double stun? What the?)

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
exp613 on Jul 7, 2016 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

So Aquila is based on Greek/Roman Mythology or whatever and the entire School of Myth is kind of too. At least a lot of their spells etc. are from that mythology. I really like the look of Aquila and whatnot however, Aquila is a main World in Pirate101 and if Wizards are not supposed to mess with Pirates that makes it sound like we Wizard's won't get to go Aquila. I feel that is somewhat unfair to the Myth School. As you are all mostly aware:
- Krokotopia
- Polaris and Wintertusk
- Darkmoor (and various world areas)
- Dragonspyre (and various world areas)
- Aquila
- Basically Mooshu and various world areas
- Celestia, Marleybone and various world areas

only gets it's own area if do (to complete the Triad) or if all of the Elemental and Spiritual Schools are there to complete the set. (I mean opposites okay, opposites okay, has no opposite okay, but are opposites?) (I think that it is fine that they are opposites, and I'm not suggesting we change, but it is a little weird.)

Therefore, let it be resolved that: a) Wizard101 gets to see a fully evolved Aquila or b) a new world has it's bases in Myth.

What could this new world be based on though? Firstly, Greece and it's okay that's Aquila but what other great Civilizations are there? Egypt would be my next suggestion but it too has already been taken by Balance. You've got Norse Gods, but that was already taken in Grizzleheim. Some ideas that I did have are making worlds that contain essentially the following as more "mythic":

A Hindu world. (India and Arabia are different places you know).
Babylon based world with a Tower of Babel.
Garden of Eden Based world (might have to share it with )
A Lost City type world- like Atlantis but no water.
A City of Djinns (this may be part of Mirage and may have to share with ) (think Boreas Ifrit or Efreet)
A place involving the Illuminati or Freemasons The All-Seeing-Eye after all is their School Symbol.

What do you guys suggest?
I'd love a Hindu world, maybe Rajah could be about setting gods at peace after Marleybone loses the settlement?

Babylon, and it's hanging gardens and Tower of Babel that may or may not have even existed, are a favourite of mine. Perhaps they'll come with Mirage, after all, it is based on Arabia/Persia.

Garden of Eden might come a little close to cover, as KI can't really cover anything too religious for fear of uproar or offence. And yes, Life would definitely take precedence there, so I don't think it'd be worth it.

Iram of the Pillars in Mirage, Hy-Brasil in an Avalon or Grizzleheim expansion, maybe a Zealandia world for the Water Moles. There's not much shortage of lost worlds.

A city of Djinn might come too close to Islam, as Eden with Christianity, and also doesn't really have a mythical basis other than the creatures living there.

This could work, but I'm not sure how they'd give it context or a fitting storyline.

But lots of you have your brains centred on Europe and nearby. What of the Slavic peoples and their gods? How about a Shinto expansion in Mooshu? Or a new Taoist world based on China and Chinese mythologies? And that's just Asia, Africa still has the Yoruba gods, Zulu beings, Vodou pantheon, and so much more that Africa barely touched on with its witchdoctors. The Americas still stay completely untouched in Wizard101 besides Azteca. I think there's still Cool Ranch, a Native American, an Inca, and an Inuit world to be made. Balance, Life, and Myth would be very strong in the last few. Then there's Oceania, with many different people groups like on Rapa Nui, or Hawaii, or New Zealand, or Australia, or Tasmania, or anywhere there.

And still within Europe you have the Germanic, Frisii, Frank and others that have yet to be seen. There's a lot of opportunities for Myth that keep being snapped up by the other schools, KI just needs to make a world centred on the Myth aspect.

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
Look, everyone wants an aquila expansion. It's dungeons are so fun, and the pirate world was great. We've all noticed the blocked doors near mount Olympus gaurded by a century and with a two headed Hydra behind them. Upon further inspection it looks like the garden of Eden which doesn't make any sense to be in a Greek mythology world, thoughts??

Alexander Dragondreamer 110
Alexander Stormdreamer 101

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
XaZeRs on Oct 12, 2016 wrote:
Look, everyone wants an aquila expansion. It's dungeons are so fun, and the pirate world was great. We've all noticed the blocked doors near mount Olympus gaurded by a century and with a two headed Hydra behind them. Upon further inspection it looks like the garden of Eden which doesn't make any sense to be in a Greek mythology world, thoughts??

The dragon is Ladon guarding the Garden of the Hesperides, where golden apples are kept and Heracles had to go for one of his labours. But I do think an Aquila expansion would be brilliant. Maybe we have to complete the labours of Heracles, including taking an apple from there after a duel with Ladon?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
What do you think about the Golden Apples of Aquila? The giant Hydra is behind a door that has an emblem of a tree with Golden Apples, does anyone know the legend behind those? Also who is Hesperdiedies?

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
XaZeRs on Oct 12, 2016 wrote:

I would love to return to Aquila one day.

In Greek Mythology, there is a golden apple tree owned by Hera, which is guarded by a hundred headed dragon named Ladon. On the blocked door, you can see a picture of a golden apple tree.

I'm hoping that will turn into a level 120 dungeon or something like that someday.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
It's probably known already that some, if not many, would like an Aquila expansion. Some of the other things that were noted could have been your noting about mystic colossus, earthquake, keeper of the flame, et. cetera. Mystic Colossus could likely be a representation of the Colossus of Rhodes, or of course, a mix between Khrysalis Ideas/Atlas, holding up the world/the Colossus of Rhodes. But that's just my totally insignificant thought.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I just want to say that I'm happy Djinni were included in Mirage!!!