Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Side Spell Ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
I've been thinking about new side spells that are learned through side quests (Juju, Supernova, etc.) I think the concepts are a little useful when using in battle and can easily change the tides of battle whether you're winning or losing. Let me know what you think!

Embargo - Targeted player cannot cast or cannot receive any Blades or Wards (for 3 rounds)

Decoy - Redirect all incoming attack spells for the current round (does not work on AOE's)

Deliquesce - Chance to increase pierce (+1%, +5%, +10%) (for 3 rounds)

Reverse - Reverse the battle order the next round (AOE, single use only, works for one round)

Foresee - View what the enemy is casting (AOE, for 3 rounds)

Encourage - Increase maycast percentage on all allies (for 3 rounds)

Banish - Targeted player is locked from using the spell they casted again for 8 rounds (*If Banish is casted on an enemy, and they cast Storm Lord. They cannot cast it again for another 8 rounds; applies to charms, wards,)

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I am totally for new utility spells! I don't think we need new damage things every single time. I think your spells would incite outrage from the PVP people haha. Here are some of my ideas. I know I've mentioned some of them before and some are definitely better than others: (feel free to change these or add your own! All numbers are just random and I'm sure will be adjusted appropriately)

-Glass Prism: Heal all Allies plus receive a Guiding Light to all Allies. 4 Pip +1 Pip.

-Spire Shield: 90% Tower Shield. 2 Pips (I've wanted this since Tower of the Helephant)

-Drain Distribute: Shadowy Aura that lasts 4 rounds. All Drains cast during that time have the health distributed to all Allies (ie Cast Scarecrow- sums up the incoming life and divides by the number of friends on your team and gives portion to each person.) 1 Pip

-Hearth: 3 Pips A small Fireplace appears and then a Flame monster pops out. Gives a +10% accuracy to all friends and a 20% Fire Trap to all enemies.

-Minion Shield: Summons a Minion that absorbs 50% of Attacks until defeated. Minion has lower health though. 5 pip + 1 pip.

-Rose and Thorns: An ethereal rose appears around or above the Wizard that receives this spell. Heals a very small amount (65 health or so) but the effect lasts for 4 or so rounds. Anytime the Wizard is attacked while this is up the Rose appears to get larger and at the end of the round deals essentially backlash at 75% of what was attacked on the wizard back to the sender. 5 pip +1 Pip.

-Little Black Rain Cloud: A little black Rain cloud appears over Caster and Enemy. Randomly Casts either a Healing Current and a Wild Bolt on both the Enemy and the Caster. 3 Pips