Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Simple Bank Idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 04, 2013
Regular banks are cool and very useful, but what if there was a new special kind of bank? Maybe it would allow players to share items in the game with all their friends, and an item in the bank could be put in and taken out at any time by any one of your friends. Actually, when I was still in WC, I thought this was the sole purpose of banks. Ambrose, Bones, Greyrose, or someone else, could you look into this and see if it is possible?

Thanks,
Padric Skullstaff

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
This won't ever happen. Sharing items between players just asks for abuse.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I am not so sure that this is a "simple" idea. It is however another take on a very requested idea: player to player item trading. While it would be nice in an ideal situation, I feel that this would definitely be an abused system by players. I can see it now. You friend someone they come to this new "shared bank" wipe it clean, unfriend you and you are out all your items and they go cackle to themselves. (Believe me, every time you try to be nice and give people the benefit of the doubt they will swindle you. I've had problems with stuff like this in other games People just don't have the moral fortitude to resist being mean.) Wizard101 has had a similar problem like this already in terms of Treasure Cards. People say they will gift others in exchange for a few free TC and 10 times out of 10 it's a scam. I also imagine KI doesn't really want to open that can of worms too much as they had to deal with an influx of TC report scams (See the announcement page about being wise about TC) this would just be a repeat of that. (Also can you imagine all the people in the Commons trying to ask if they can have free gear? Or friending random people to check to see if they can steal their gear-ugh!) For it to work kind of like gifting I think would be better (you would have to actively give the item instead of the meanie wiping out the entire chest) However, again if you read in KI's terms of use about the message boards. It says that Player-to-player item trading of any kind will not be allowed. I personally, have mixed feelings about this statement, as I understand both sides. Thanks again for sharing your idea, maybe eventually KI will allow it for older players or something but until then we'll have to do without.