Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 7-1-16

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi Wizards! It's Friday again, and you all know what that means!

Today, let's talk about Events. Our first event was for Hallowe'en, the towers just off Ravenwood that appear every year in October. Our second was the Lost Pages event (which just concluded!). Our third was the Five B.O.X.E.S. event. By definition, our events are only for a limited time and generally on the smaller side (though B.O.X.E.S. is pushing that "smaller" description!). My question is - what sort of Event would you like to see next? Where would it take place? When would it be turned on and off?

Have a wonderful (long holiday - for some of you) weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Explorer
Jun 17, 2011
For the next event, it would be cool to see some type of story line basing off of each of the schools (ice, myth, storm, etc.) taking place in various worlds. It would be cool if these dungeons can drop things like crown gear, jewels, and pets, and some new costumes (stitches).

Survivor
May 24, 2012
I would like to see an event in Mooshu, maybe one that's different for each school and gives each a different badge? It'd be really cool to re-visit Mooshu and see how everything is going on there. Maybe it could be an event for the Chinese New Year? And get turned on and off then? That'd definitely give you guys enough time to program it into the game or whatever, right? It'd be even cooler if we got, like, special Mooshu-themed school-specific spells or pets or something! Anyway, that's what I'd like to see next.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2011
I think it would be cool if the event had something to do with a Astral magic! Maybe something odd could happen to the stars, sun, and moon or maybe it could have to do with the history of Astral magic. Then us wizards could collect puzzle pieces to figure out what is going wrong! Or we could fix what's going wrong in different locations throughout the Spiral! As for when the event would take place, I think it would be cool to see it maybe during the middle of summer or winter when daylight is longer and shorter!

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Two events that I'd love to see are the following:
  • Seeing a version of Ravenwood where the death school is still in tact. Malistaire's story has always intrigued me, and I would be thrilled to take a look into his life before he turned "evil." Perhaps Headmaster Ambrose needs us to seek some information that was only known by Malistaire when he was teaching. In order to get it, we would need to go back to that time and go through a series of obstacles to get it. Another neat possibility would be to have Sylvia be the life teacher. This event could cycle in and out just as the Lost Pages and Five B.O.X.E.S. do.
  • A Wysteria type event where we could temporarily learn the Pigswick schools of magic. I imagine it could work similar to "Freaky Friday." Maybe we're collaborating on a project with some Pigswick students and then boom - we trade bodies. In order to turn ourselves back into the Ravenwood wizards we once were, we would have to battle our way through some enemies who hold a secret reversal potion. Similar to the Chamber of Mind, each event instance (with different difficultly levels), could turn us into a different character (with a different Pigswick school of magic). I think the perfect time to hold this event would be around January 31st, otherwise known as Backwards Day.

~Vanessa Mythdust

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Professors Challenge. Defeat all the professor's in single duel challenges. Vary the level of battle and cheats based on the wizard's level. Level 110+ could challenge the Arcanum professors. For timing I would say May/June would be appropriate, being end of the school year.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2010
How about an April Fool's event for 3-7 days where all bosses and dungeons are un-nerfed and returned to their hardest state ever, including the 100k DS Mali. Better gear drops could be added or just new badges during that time.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2012
Some time ago I write about having a story for pets to complete and when they did the pet would be leveled all the way up through ultra.If the pet did not complete the story it would be leveled up to the level of completion. Maybe a story for the pets could be an event thing. With a pet story to level up pets it would make it more interesting then just running the pets around the same games over and over again. Not sure about time of such an event. As for the boxes and the other event that exist now I have the problem of either my wizards have done them all so there is nothing new about them or they appear at a time and then leave again before my wizard has time to complete the parts that wizard has not completed. Not knowing when these events will happen makes it hard to plan to have a wizard complete these things. The towers that appear every October those a player can plan to complete and have every wizard do them. Having a new story every year would be cool. If we could have some idea of when the double pet xp was going to happen it would make it easier to plan to have lots of pet snacks and be able to make the most use of this. sense I did not know when the double pet xp was going to be I leveled up some pets and had very few high level snacks available to use during the double pet xp.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
A spring event. It would start on March 20th (first day of spring) and would be towers in MooShu or Wisteria. On each floor you would battle ice and snow creatures. Instead of 3 towers like Halloween, have 5 towers; novice, mid-level; grandmaster; above level 100 wizards; and "Oh my goodness, assemble your best team" levels. Drops would be housing items of flowers, gardening seeds (including crown seeds), trees, spring themed wands with flowers, some new spring pets and other spring items. Like the Boxes event, maybe have a crafting seller on one of the higher floors that you can buy recipes for things like the bonsai tree and such; maybe even a spring themed mount. Or even better, another craftable house that would have great gardening areas and would randomly have double xp and drops. The house would allow more outside items to increase gardening space. Maybe make the annual April Fools pet or mount be a drop.

Explorer
Apr 25, 2010
I would like to see a dungeon people are actually willing to farm for. I think this dungeon should be gear for lower leveled Wizards who deserve to have some good gear. Maybe mount drops too? I would do this around Christmas time. Maybe make it a Christmas Dungeon.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
I posted this once about a year ago but since you asked for event suggestions...

Birthday quest/event. Available for the duration of the Wizard101 birthday celebration in September. It would be more similar to the Halloween quests where only the final boss is repeatable until the next year.

The storyline could be everyone is preparing for a party to celebrate and some enemy of the Spiral takes advantage of the bustle to stage an attempt to destroy the Spiral as we know it. Our job as wizards is to ensure this special day goes as planned. We have to juggle helping plan the event with the Ravenwood professors and foiling the nefarious plot against the Spiral.

The drops for the final boss could be festive outfits and party decorations!

Moira Stormheart

Survivor
May 12, 2011
I'd love to have a Christmas Event. I think it would be neat to have Christmas Caroling at each of the schools. Then for an ending a visit with Santa that gives a present and a picture with him.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
A Music themed event. Not sure the best time to have it, maybe mid-summer? Have a cave, house, or area in each world to battle musical themed enemies and earn clues to the next battle. Music themed enemies. The big bad enemy would be a metrodome with music notes minions. Music themed drops including musical scrolls, music players, pets playing musical instruments, musical instruments. Maybe one of the drops could be a lullabye area spell that would put the enemy asleep for 3 turns. (probably shouldn't be allowed for use in PvP duels)

One thing that would get more players to play the events would be drops that make it worth while. I haven't run the Halloween towers in years because the drops just aren't as good as they used to be. Give good drops, or the chance of getting a good drop, and we'll run the event more.

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
How about a "Where's Waldo" event.

This would be an event where famous MarleyBone traveller Waldo Wiggensby is missing and presumed lost.

The event would require the wizard to visit obscure places in each of the Worlds of the Spiral in order to track him down. Basically retracing the locations where he was last reported in each world. At each of these obscure and out of the way locations, there could be a puzzle, a boss battle, or a book to be read. Upon solving the puzzle, reading the book, and / or fighting a boss - a clue as to the next location where Waldo was spotted would be given. The wizard would have to follow all these clues and eventually get to Waldo. There might be a final, really hard boss battle needed in order to free him or get to him. It might even be that Waldo is found at a new "world" or gate or place that was previously unknown (maybe behind one of those other doors in the Arcanum, or maybe even one of those roped-off rooms in the Wizard City Library).

Just to make it a little more interesting, some of the clues could lead to dead-ends or to multiple branch locations. In other words, after going to a particular location and solving the puzzle or reading book or boss fight, you might find that there is no clue available. In that case you would need to backtrack to the previous world, and then re-examine the previous clue - and this time it would be different and / or point to a different world to go to. So in essence, a false clue the first time, that when backtracked to morphs into the true clue.

Hero
May 02, 2009
What I would like to see is more seasonal events similar to the Halloween Towers, but not necessarily in that same kind of vein. Currently the only seasonal vendor that brings an event in tow with them is Spooky Bob, so it would be nice if the other seasonal vendors got some love in that area as well also.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Holidays around the Spiral!

Every world gets their own special, holiday-themed dungeon that celebrates some aspect of that world's culture and traditions.

Wizard City: Help Santa prepare for his Christmas Eve travels by rounding up missing Fire Elves. Happens early Dec.

Krokotopa: All the manders are fasting so they're too weak to stop a Grinch-like Krok from stealing their Eid gifts. Happens during Ramadan.

Marleybone: A Hannukah-like celebration is ruined when the Marleybone Menorah goes missing. Who stole it, & why? Happens during Hannukah.

Mooshu: Chinese New Year festivities are interrupted by a sudden attack from a Warlord. The Emperor begs once more for our help. Happens in Jan or Feb, coinciding with Chinese New Year.

Grizzleheim: The Ravens are at it again, this time intending to commit some dire misdeed during Summer Solstice that will make the days shorter & shorter ... until the sun never rises again! Happens during June.

Dragonspyre: Help restore a monument dedicated to Veterans of the Dragon Wars. Happens late May.

Celestia: The Spiralgraphic Society has located a Celestial calendar stone, but need help getting to it. Happens any time, like Lost Pages.

Zafaria: A cruel invader has threatened the harvest, destroying this year's Kwanzaa celebration. Happens last week of Dec.

Avalon: Festival of Fools - the Lord of Misrule has taken over & imprisoned King Artorious. It falls on us to rescue the king before Misrule messes up everything. Could be very funny. Happens Jan or Feb.

Azteca: Day of the Dead (Mexico). Present sugar skulls to a hungry priest who'd rather eat you! Happens early Nov.

Khrysalis: Holi (Hindu). Morganthe, still mad over her defeat, steals the Holi colors the mice & bees need to celebrate the victory of good over evil. We have to get those colors back. Happens during Mar/Apr.

Polaris: Grandfather Frost & his Granddaughter Snow Maiden are missing, so no one can get any presents. Happens 1st week of Jan.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
I would create an event called The Battle Royale.

It would last for a week. Players get to battle the most toughest bosses in the spiral. Upon beating this boss, they get his gear, pet and sword as it is worn and used by that boss, be able to wear the gear and have the powers it imbues :). The wizard has two days to be able to beat that boss. If he doesn't, he must move on to the next. The battles are individual (no teams). Wizards will be called to battle by Merle Ambrose depending on their level. FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!!!!!

Hero
May 07, 2015
i'm just saying. if there is ash from the fires works coming at you from above. DONT look up. i did. now my eye hurts :(.

i'd like a event themed around light and darkness.

the people in all the worlds (even grizzleheim and wysteria) are having a celebration over the defeat of evil. but the master of darkness places a spell over everywhere. every world. you get a quest from the first person you talk to. that quest has you collect pieces of a map leading to the master of darkness's hideout. you have to fight 4 enemies to learn the map piece holder's location.

miranda jade song ~ promethean pyromancer

Survivor
May 26, 2013
A second Tale of Four Dungeons, with higher-tier worlds like Avalon, Azteca, and Zafaria

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
How about more holiday themed events. Like all the fun quests for Halloween for other holidays too. Not just in WC, but all over the spiral. Oh, and more B.O.X.E.S. please. You might have to change the name to something like "The Professors BOXES" or something like that, But more please.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on Jul 1, 2016 wrote:
Hi Wizards! It's Friday again, and you all know what that means!

Today, let's talk about Events. Our first event was for Hallowe'en, the towers just off Ravenwood that appear every year in October. Our second was the Lost Pages event (which just concluded!). Our third was the Five B.O.X.E.S. event. By definition, our events are only for a limited time and generally on the smaller side (though B.O.X.E.S. is pushing that "smaller" description!). My question is - what sort of Event would you like to see next? Where would it take place? When would it be turned on and off?

Have a wonderful (long holiday - for some of you) weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
If there were to be more B.O.X.E.S, or something like it, I would love to see...

1. Ravenwood's original form! (Like seeing the real death school with Malistaire, and Dworgyn off in the corner.) (Old Wizard City)

2.See the young Alhazred, and the original Order of the Fang (Old Krokotopia)

3.See how Merle Ambrose became intelligent with magic, who was his mentor, and how he met Gamma!
(Old Avalon)

4. MooShu Emperor train Moolinda Wu!! (MooShu)

I have been dying to see all of these!!!

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
“Great Eggspectations Event” Part I of II

Oh no, mysterious egg shaped portals are popping up throughout the realm, and all the eggs for the Annual Spring Festival Easter Egg Hunt are missing. Speak to Eggbert the Spring Festival Holiday Vendor in the Shopping District, to help him crack the case and save the festival before Fried Day (Friday)!

If you are 10th level or above, talk with Ceren Nightchant the Theurgist in Unicorn Way.
If you are 30th level or above, talk with Sherlock Bones in Digmoore Station
If you are level 40th level or above, talk with Baldur Goldpaws in Hrundle Fjord
If you are 50th level or above, talk with Ogden Peake in Celestia Base Camp
If you are 60th level or above, talk with Inyanga Whitestripes in Baobab Crossroads
If you are 80th level or above, talk with Sir Perry Gilliam, on the High Road

Complete all six quests to go to a final egg portal in front of the Mysterious Cave in the Haunted Cave in Wizard City to confront the forces behind this egg conspiracy.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
“Great Eggspectations Event” Part II of II

In each Egg Portal, you randomly fight any four bunnies, rabbits or hares found throughout the Realms (see further below)

Final Egg Portal
Fight Bunferatu and Nosferabbit, and any random bunnies, rabbits, or hares (see further below)
Bunferatu and Nosferabbit are hopping mad they were never selected as the Easter Bunny, so they put beguile potions in all the realm’s carrot juice supply to charm all bunnies, rabbits and hares, in this mad hare scheme to ruin the Annual Spring Festival.

Bunnies, Rabbits and Hares found throughout the Realms:
Caerbannog Rabbit, Prismatic Hare, Stormrider Hare, Captain O'Hare, Lieutenant Roger, Sergeant Harvey, Private Eddie, Oliver Quickneedle, Geoffrey Spellsmith and Frankenbunny.

Badges
Eggs Factor - Defeat 50 Prismatic Hare
Eggspresso - Defeat 100 Prismatic Hare
Eggaoholic - Defeat 150 Prismatic Hare
Eggrophobic – Defeat 50 Caerbannog Rabbit
One Hundred Eggs is un oeuf - Defeat 100 Caerbannog Rabbit
Eggspert – Defeat 150 Caerbannog Rabbit
Eggreable – Defeat 50 Stormrider Hare
Eggravating – Defeat 100 Stormrider Hare
Scrambled, Not Stirred – Defeat 150 Stormrider Hare
Agents of E.G.G.S. - Defeat Prismatic Hare, Caerbannog Rabit and Stormrider Hare
Breaking Eggs - Defeat Nosferabbit
The Walking Eggs - Defeat Bunferatu
Great Eggspectations – Defeat all the bosses and henchman

Can you help save all the bunnies, rabbits, and hares, and the Spring Festival too. See Eggbert in the Shopping District now!

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
Vanessa Mythdust on Jul 1, 2016 wrote:
Two events that I'd love to see are the following:
  • Seeing a version of Ravenwood where the death school is still in tact. Malistaire's story has always intrigued me, and I would be thrilled to take a look into his life before he turned "evil." Perhaps Headmaster Ambrose needs us to seek some information that was only known by Malistaire when he was teaching. In order to get it, we would need to go back to that time and go through a series of obstacles to get it. Another neat possibility would be to have Sylvia be the life teacher. This event could cycle in and out just as the Lost Pages and Five B.O.X.E.S. do.
  • A Wysteria type event where we could temporarily learn the Pigswick schools of magic. I imagine it could work similar to "Freaky Friday." Maybe we're collaborating on a project with some Pigswick students and then boom - we trade bodies. In order to turn ourselves back into the Ravenwood wizards we once were, we would have to battle our way through some enemies who hold a secret reversal potion. Similar to the Chamber of Mind, each event instance (with different difficultly levels), could turn us into a different character (with a different Pigswick school of magic). I think the perfect time to hold this event would be around January 31st, otherwise known as Backwards Day.

~Vanessa Mythdust
I agree with Vanessa's post about wysteria. I was always curious about their schools of magic. It could even be somewhat like a temporary loremaster where wizards can learn their spells only at certain times of the year. That way there would be a lot of participation. The only question is if power pips would count for corresponding schools, but noneless it sounds like an interesting idea!

Survivor
Nov 25, 2012
How about an event where wizards, like Penny Dreadful, are involved once again and have more challenging objectives for you to do and it should take place in wizard city and other locations. It could be a month or two long.