Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A problem with the team-up points

AuthorMessage
Delver
Nov 25, 2012
Players would rather help players who team up in the easiest worlds to earn points faster.
Each time you help a player you earn only 1 point. So Obviously players wouldn't want to waste their time helping players in Higher level worlds because it takes much more time.

I think you should give more points to players who join team up in higher level worlds

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
I definitely agree with this. However, there should be bonus points for dungeons. Because of this change, team helps should be updated into a points system. Something like To The Great Spyre should not count the same as Stormdrain Tower. The Great Spyre takes so much time to do. But that brings up the situation where The Galleries in Khrysalis takes a lot of time. How many points would that count as?

For now, I think that dungeons should count as 2 while boss battles should count as 1. I would love to see this expanded upon for the Spring update to include bonuses for higher worlds.

I’m aware of the problem and I’ve considered your solution.

I like that the badges counts how many teams you’re helped. As a player that likes to help other players using the Kiosk, I like knowing how many teams I’ve helped.

Your concern is why I made the Spiral Showcase require help from one of the two highest worlds that you have access to.

Perhaps we should do something like only display much lower level teams needing help to high level players if they’ve been waiting a long time.

Arthur

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
LOL, what if it randomly teamed-up kiosk players (or grouped kiosk players) to the players needing the help. You might get a low level area or a high level area (depending on level and unlocked worlds of course). That would certainly incentivize the effort in helping someone vice picking "easy" badge ups.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
Oran of Urz on Oct 9, 2020 wrote:
LOL, what if it randomly teamed-up kiosk players (or grouped kiosk players) to the players needing the help. You might get a low level area or a high level area (depending on level and unlocked worlds of course). That would certainly incentivize the effort in helping someone vice picking "easy" badge ups.
Maybe there could be some sort of option to do this/extra reward for it, but I think that the option to select a team shouldn't be removed. A lot of times, I'll have quests in lower level worlds that I never got around to finishing, and will sometimes run across a quest objective on the kiosk. It's a good way to get those quests done instead of neglecting them.

It should also be noted that randomly assigning players would bring a whole host of other questions, like "what if players ditch groups for long instances that they didn't want to join"? A person doesn't always have time to run a half-hour dungeon instance but can help out with a couple of single-boss team-ups.

I'd suggest, as a solution to this problem, that each world have an individual badge for completing 100 team ups in it. That way, the team-up totals are saved for the leader/manager/etc badges, and people also have an incentive to join higher level requests. Perhaps each world can have a pet/furniture item that you can buy at Derrick Blaze's shop once you have that world's badge.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
SunnyPhoenix on Oct 12, 2020 wrote:
Maybe there could be some sort of option to do this/extra reward for it, but I think that the option to select a team shouldn't be removed. A lot of times, I'll have quests in lower level worlds that I never got around to finishing, and will sometimes run across a quest objective on the kiosk. It's a good way to get those quests done instead of neglecting them.

It should also be noted that randomly assigning players would bring a whole host of other questions, like "what if players ditch groups for long instances that they didn't want to join"? A person doesn't always have time to run a half-hour dungeon instance but can help out with a couple of single-boss team-ups.

I'd suggest, as a solution to this problem, that each world have an individual badge for completing 100 team ups in it. That way, the team-up totals are saved for the leader/manager/etc badges, and people also have an incentive to join higher level requests. Perhaps each world can have a pet/furniture item that you can buy at Derrick Blaze's shop once you have that world's badge.
I really like that idea of individual team ups per world. There would probably have to be a separate section in the badges for that. However, how would Triton Underwater, Aquila, 4 dungeons, and Wintertusk count? In my opinion, Triton Underwater and Aquila should count as Wizard City, 4 Dungeons should count with their respective worlds, and Wintertusk should count with Grizzleheim. But one problem I see with this is Wysteria. That world would be much more difficult to get 100 team ups for since there are barely any instances there.

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Oct 6, 2020 wrote:
I’m aware of the problem and I’ve considered your solution.

I like that the badges counts how many teams you’re helped. As a player that likes to help other players using the Kiosk, I like knowing how many teams I’ve helped.

Your concern is why I made the Spiral Showcase require help from one of the two highest worlds that you have access to.

Perhaps we should do something like only display much lower level teams needing help to high level players if they’ve been waiting a long time.

Arthur
Interesting, howether at the end of the day people will keep helping players in easy worlds to earn points faster and get the items they want.

The problem is in the badges as well- 2000 team up points to get a house is crazy! You could nerf the badges or rise up the points .