Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Halloween Mount Bundles

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
I'm all for the bundles, because they've allowed myself and others the chance to buy really old but good content outright instead of wasting tons of money that could be used on newer packs.

I think that they're a good idea, but I do think that there should be a cutoff for them.

I've noticed a lot of other people have a similar position, from hearing from content creators and reading comments on Youtube and Discord. Many people are comfortable with the earliest non-charity mounts being recycled through the Crown Shop, but NOT with using this bundle system as a way for people to buy their luck.

For example, I think that the Midnight Owl should NOT be available outright. This is a mount that's one of the most difficult to get during the Halloween season, as you have to get a mount drop on the Harrowing Nightmare pack, and not get one of the 3 pairs of wings which are much more common. You're also not guaranteed to not get a repeat drop.

This particular mount, for example, is one that a lot of players are most proud of obtaining, as it often brings back really good memories from past years, and was often obtained through luck alone.

Give players who have not yet gotten it a chance to try to obtain one for themselves, while not insulting veteran players.

To simply put it in the crown shop for an obscene amount of money would be disrespectful to and alienate the players who earned it.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
""buy good content outright instead of wasting tons of money""

Like Most of us Did?? ((wasting tons of money))

Grrrrrrrrr