Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Still muted after getting it lifted

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 08, 2019
On July 4th, 2020, I got a notification on screen informing me that I was muted for 10 years. I was shocked and confused and after I found out what it was that I had said to result in this punishment -- it led me to try my best to get it lifted. And it happened! However, the day I got muted I was using a different computer (my main computer[HP ENVY x360]) and whenever I had the mute lifted, I was on a separate computer since my main one was bitlocked. The 10 year mute was also an IP mute on my original computer so no matter what account I was on, I would always be muted for 10 years. I got back into my original computer and got on wiz and to my surprise; the little notification on the side rang out it's noise "This account has been muted for (x amount) days."
Confused, I emailed KI asking if the mute was client based rather than account. They said there is no client or account based mute. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, factory resetting my computer, and even trying to use a VPN -- but all to no avail.
I don't understand why the mute is still active on my original computer. I would use the other one more if the screen wasn't jacked up. I'd rather be unmuted on my original than the other. I'm debating on getting a new computer but that's my last resort and I'd like to avoid it as much as possible.
If anyone can help me out with this, I'd appreciate it :)

Administrator
lukecondsoblasian on Oct 1, 2020 wrote:
On July 4th, 2020, I got a notification on screen informing me that I was muted for 10 years. I was shocked and confused and after I found out what it was that I had said to result in this punishment -- it led me to try my best to get it lifted. And it happened! However, the day I got muted I was using a different computer (my main computer[HP ENVY x360]) and whenever I had the mute lifted, I was on a separate computer since my main one was bitlocked. The 10 year mute was also an IP mute on my original computer so no matter what account I was on, I would always be muted for 10 years. I got back into my original computer and got on wiz and to my surprise; the little notification on the side rang out it's noise "This account has been muted for (x amount) days."
Confused, I emailed KI asking if the mute was client based rather than account. They said there is no client or account based mute. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, factory resetting my computer, and even trying to use a VPN -- but all to no avail.
I don't understand why the mute is still active on my original computer. I would use the other one more if the screen wasn't jacked up. I'd rather be unmuted on my original than the other. I'm debating on getting a new computer but that's my last resort and I'd like to avoid it as much as possible.
If anyone can help me out with this, I'd appreciate it :)
Hi luke!
Sorry to hear about this issue. If it's a simple misunderstanding, our support team will of course be more than happy to sort it out.

Please contact them again by replying to any current support ticket you may have open. If you don't currently have one, feel free to create a new one at:

https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game