Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth nerf please?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 03, 2018
Hi,

I'm a regular PVP player in Wizard101. I'm just wondering how you justify Myth being so OP?

Don't get me wrong, I love Myth school in PVP, always a challenge to come against; however, with the current matchmaking system (privates coming up against warlords) it seems impossible to get to a high rank in PVP.

From the Rat Magician TC to the 6-pip freebie minion with Witch's House Call. Below is a list of spells that need nerfing or at least address some.

• Talos? (5-pip minion)
  • Witch's House Call (free minion)
  • Earthquake (demolishes blades and shields)
  • Shift (send overtimes back)
  • Mystic (takes a shield before hitting?)
  • Rat Magician (bubble after hitting)
  • Scion of Myth (sooo easy to get double damage, 3 stun blocks?)
  • Stun for 2 rounds with Medusa?
  • Yellow Troll (freebie minions)

I guess the same could be said for most schools; however, the community can agree that Myth is very hard to counter.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2019
TeXCrafter on Sep 27, 2020 wrote:
Hi,

I'm a regular PVP player in Wizard101. I'm just wondering how you justify Myth being so OP?

Don't get me wrong, I love Myth school in PVP, always a challenge to come against; however, with the current matchmaking system (privates coming up against warlords) it seems impossible to get to a high rank in PVP.

From the Rat Magician TC to the 6-pip freebie minion with Witch's House Call. Below is a list of spells that need nerfing or at least address some.

• Talos? (5-pip minion)

I guess the same could be said for most schools; however, the community can agree that Myth is very hard to counter.
The only real problem with myth are the spells that make no sense Dpp wise. So scion is fine and I'd same the same for shift, Medusa, Talos and Mystic. Utility is fine once its balanced properly.

Witches freebie minion just, makes it far too good for what it is. I understand that myth is the minion school but just like how Ice loses 2 pips worth of damage on frost Giant due to it having a stun, the same should apply to Myth in terms of minions. It shouldnt just be a freebie.

Same with Troll Spellement, everyone in the pvp community knows that its problematic due to the minion which literally traps and breaks shields consistently, is considered a freebie in terms of pips. It by all means should be a 5 pip spell. 2 for damage, 2 for minion, and 1 for doing 2 things in one turn but for no reason its only 2???
The nerf that was sent out for it was barely even a nerf since all it did was make the minion pass less and trap more.

And lastly for myth is Rat Magician. Rat, just like Icebird is far above all of its school mirrors and honestly, the simple fix would just be adding more damage and making it 3 pips. It's a broken spell as it is all in all. I'd love for Ki to adress these issues.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
TeXCrafter on Sep 27, 2020 wrote:
Hi,

• Talos? (5-pip minion)

I also have a lot of issues with how Myth is right now.

Talos - 5 pip minion, 1k health, but when a myth wizard uses him they dump 5 pips for something that can be killed by a 2 pip spell. Only really useful at legendary, and even then he can still be killed in one turn by a 4 pip hit.

Yaga - A chance to get a minion that uses Guiding Light 4 times in a row before using sprite on itself isn't an issue of mine. The other two minions aren't too crazy either. My issue with Yaga is the damage - it's the only shad that got buffed after the audit this summer, and it was already in an okay spot, doing decent enough damage and putting out the minion.

Earthquake - yeah this can be pretty devastating. At least it costs a good few pips to use. Aftershocks however are something I don't believe should be in the game.

Shift - Shift TC should not exist in this game but this spell in itself is pretty powerful. A raise in its pip cost to maybe 5 would be alright, since most low-pip overtimes are 4-6 pips and this would be right in the middle.

Mystic - its damage got nuked sufficiently enough, but you're right, no matter how you spin it a pierce before a hit that can be considered one of Myth's main attacks is reeeeeeally not good. Only thing is, I'm not sure how to balance this spell to suit PvE gameplay as well. The old spell that did 880 and shattered after seemed okay, but the shatter seemed a little redundant. A pierce before a hit is regardless really bad for PvP.

Rat Illusionist - 5 pips of value in a 2 pip card. Pretty simply, the pip cost needs to be increased.

Scion - I think this is fine enough as it is. Double damage condition is too easily met, yes, but with low enough base damage it'll be fine.

Medusa - you can train stun block from Diego outside. Use it one time and you're good to go

Troll spellement is something I don't see being too widespread for now. Broken yes but perhaps another AI change would help things.

All in all yeah myth is extremely hard to counter. Counterplay is something every competitive environment needs and at the moment there's no counter to the sheer amount of cards that give two turns in one.

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
JewelKI on Sep 29, 2020 wrote:
I also have a lot of issues with how Myth is right now.

Talos - 5 pip minion, 1k health, but when a myth wizard uses him they dump 5 pips for something that can be killed by a 2 pip spell. Only really useful at legendary, and even then he can still be killed in one turn by a 4 pip hit.

Yaga - A chance to get a minion that uses Guiding Light 4 times in a row before using sprite on itself isn't an issue of mine. The other two minions aren't too crazy either. My issue with Yaga is the damage - it's the only shad that got buffed after the audit this summer, and it was already in an okay spot, doing decent enough damage and putting out the minion.

Earthquake - yeah this can be pretty devastating. At least it costs a good few pips to use. Aftershocks however are something I don't believe should be in the game.

Shift - Shift TC should not exist in this game but this spell in itself is pretty powerful. A raise in its pip cost to maybe 5 would be alright, since most low-pip overtimes are 4-6 pips and this would be right in the middle.

Mystic - its damage got nuked sufficiently enough, but you're right, no matter how you spin it a pierce before a hit that can be considered one of Myth's main attacks is reeeeeeally not good. Only thing is, I'm not sure how to balance this spell to suit PvE gameplay as well. The old spell that did 880 and shattered after seemed okay, but the shatter seemed a little redundant. A pierce before a hit is regardless really bad for PvP.

Rat Illusionist - 5 pips of value in a 2 pip card. Pretty simply, the pip cost needs to be increased.

Scion - I think this is fine enough as it is. Double damage condition is too easily met, yes, but with low enough base damage it'll be fine.

Medusa - you can train stun block from Diego outside. Use it one time and you're good to go

Troll spellement is something I don't see being too widespread for now. Broken yes but perhaps another AI change would help things.

All in all yeah myth is extremely hard to counter. Counterplay is something every competitive environment needs and at the moment there's no counter to the sheer amount of cards that give two turns in one.
I agree. The problem I have with KI is the constant need to nerf and buff spells. This is getting old. When is the game going to actually be balanced. Is it too much to ask for the game to be an actual competition? Everything is just really bad right now. But Myth needs a major overhaul.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
Jeremy Firestaff on Oct 13, 2020 wrote:
I agree. The problem I have with KI is the constant need to nerf and buff spells. This is getting old. When is the game going to actually be balanced. Is it too much to ask for the game to be an actual competition? Everything is just really bad right now. But Myth needs a major overhaul.
A little note that most PvP games do not ever achieve perfect balance, especially ones that are constantly adding content like W101. Every nerf or buff will shift the meta enough that some new thing will need a nerf or buff. This is why player feedback is important!

My only point being, this isn't really a KI problem, this is a PvP problem. One strategy will almost always find a place at the top in a meta. The role of a developer is to tweak to make sure that such a strategy never becomes too out of line with the others, and that post-tweak it hopefully takes the players a bit longer to find the optimal strategy :P

I'd also say that the problem with creating a perfectly balanced meta is that all classes will start to feel pretty same-y. Balancing a bunch of very different feeling classes can be difficult, especially when those classes also have to deal with PvE.