Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

crown sale?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 07, 2012
There hasn't been a crown sale since 8/9! Not even in birthday month!! There used to be sales every 2 weeks. Heck I'd settle for once a month. Can't buy any new items without crowns..forget about bundles..or even the crown weekend events. Don't say earn them playing freeki games.At 10 crowns for getting the right answers in a game, it would take a real long time to get to 10,000 crowns to buy a mount or pet.

Please KI run a crown sale. Thank you

Explorer
Sep 27, 2011
I believe the last time KI gave us the “Super Crowns Sale-Get up to 50% more Bonus Crowns” was in 2018.

–Get up to 50% more Bonus Crowns” very soon? I sure hope so.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2016
Yeah I’ve been waiting too. Just decided to buy the BattleMage Keep bundle and I guess it was worth it? I really just wanna know when that sales gonna be.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
I would love to see another crowns sale. Maybe a Christmas/Holiday one? I just hope to see one at some point this year.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
I was expecting a crown sale for Wizards 12th B-Day Celebration.
How Disappointing.
Bundle Sales do not replace Crown sales, which is what they seem to think.
I just don't get it.

Scarlet ShadowStone

Explorer
Jan 03, 2014
I am waiting for the Xmas event. We always get a discount then.

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
KI, Your loyal regular wizards would like a crown sale please!!! It's been a real long time. When I stated 8/9/2020 ,I might have just bought crowns not on sale--as others have mentioned it has been longer than this year. I was hoping for a crown sale in birthday month--didn't happen. When I buy something, I buy for all my wizards. If there are not enough crowns, then none get the item. So I could not get the pegasi bundle this past weekend. I could not get birthday items and now Halloween items are out for a limited time. A crown sale benefits ALL.

Survivor
Nov 03, 2011
When are we going to have a crown sale The bundles don't take the place of crowns We need a crown sale desperately

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
ber927 on Oct 21, 2020 wrote:
When are we going to have a crown sale The bundles don't take the place of crowns We need a crown sale desperately
I know they would sell many many more packs if they would have a crown sale to go along with the special holiday pack sales.

Oh well. I won't be getting any Halloween Packs this year I guess.

Explorer
Nov 23, 2011
Yes, and they are losing Michael-bucks like crazy. I regularly dropped money on the super crown sales. Without them, I pretty much never buy crowns (except those I receive when I buy a bundle card).

-Michael

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
are you freakin kidding? no crown sale for the whole month of October? its been since august since you had one, there is no big event in august. you have been only having 1 or 2, maybe 3 a year. its like you do not want to make money. its just membership sale after membership sale, week after week. you cannot make that much more money off only membership sales. those whole have them only buy them once or twice a year depending on whether they have a 12 or 6 month. maybe there are a lot of people that buy one a month but even still. how do you make money if thats the only sale you have. you can do a one month membership sale once a month while still doing crown sales every two weeks like you used to. if you do not want to do that, then at least do one crown sale a month. then you can cover a one month, 6 month or 12 month membership sale. or heck, why not double up, have a membership sale and a crown sale in one week. why you never did that before is beyond me. some bean counter thinking they can't make as much money doing both because that splits what players spend money on? so you dump on crown players and membership player alike not doing crown sales. we ALL want crown sales.

crown price on items is ridiculous. the normal price should be half what they are, some a lot less than half. its digital media. once you cover the cost of making it, which is really the man hours to make it, its all free money. you do not have to keep buying materials and producing it, like physical objects. its 100% profit. i realize all games do this and its just wrong. you would make more money if they were all cheaper because you would sell way more than you do. look at walmart. they sell things cheaper, mainly because they buy things in bulk for all their stores, and make tons more money than other stores. people go there to specifically buy things cheaper.

but whoever is in charge of doing what sales, needs to change how they do things, seriously. you do not cut out a main avenue of revenue just because you think your other avenues are better. you only have 3 main avenues. membership sales, crown sales and new bundles. you do have a couple of smaller ways to make money but how do they compare to the lost revenue from crowns sales all year?

i do not buy packs or anything without a crowns sale and there are tons of people like me. we do not because even with a crown sale, its not very worth it to buy packs. right now, the only thing worth trying to get is a mount or a spell. wands used to be good but not anymore. gear wasnt too bad years ago but not worth it anymore. you killed hats and robes. shoes were not too bad with both damage and resist, but you then got rid of resist in those too. and now if you want a good damage wand you have to buy older packs. there is just too much junk and almost no return. you can spend 60 dollars on crowns, when on sale, and spend it all and not get a mount or spell. you can spend 60 dollars on crowns when on sale during pack a palooza and not get a mount or spell. do you all not see a problem with that? thats basically getting packs for 75% off, spending 60 dollars and not getting anything.

pretty much the only packs that have anything worth while in them are the halloween packs and the christmas packs and they are filled with so many temp mounts and other junk, its ridiculous. and you just snubbed your noses at us for halloween.

so now, I and hundreds, maybe thousands, of other players will not be buying packs... again... this halloween because there is no crown sale. and it ticks me off to no end. all that revenue lost because someone on your staff doesnt want to do crown sales for whatever messed up reason. bye bye all that revenue.

Explorer
Nov 23, 2011
Ah, we have a "Feelin' Feline" sale going today. Cool! And superpacks as well!

It is kind of a pity I don't have any crowns...

-Indigo

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
I'm also waiting for a crowns sale, for what it's worth.

I'm stocking up in preparation for the Gingerbread Pack, and I need a Level 50 Elixir for my Thaumaturge.

I intend to make a Yule themed character, with Krampus and Reindeer Knight.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2013
I too have been waiting on a crown sale. I have been on this game for a long time a took a break and when I came back I found that the crown sales have seemed to decreased in being put out. They used to have 2 different ones they would put out at different times and I would take advantage of them both. Now they only put out the one and only every 3 or 4 months. This makes it very hard to take advantage of all the crown items Wizards puts out.

I hope they will rethink their strategy on this matter and put out the crown sales more often at least once a month would be much appreciated.

Thank you