Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What worlds/subzones need graphical redesigns or overhauls?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
I've been a longtime player myself, but I'm more familiar with up to marleybone than I am other worlds, when I was younger I had constantly restarted so I became very familiar with Wizard City, and Krokotopia in particular. I'm finally dedicating myself to really playing the game and getting farther than I ever have, and I've been playing through Mooshu for a while, and it's hit me with just how.. big and empty Mooshu feels. There's too much of one single shade of green and it looks less lively than say, Grizzleheim. I love the thematic setting of japan with bovines, but after going through Marleybone and experiencing the forest of Grizzleheim, it's very notable to me on just how detached I feel from the world of Mooshu.. My consistent issues with it is just how simple it's design is, without a lot of detail in much, it feels like a filler world that wastes time. There's a tremendous amount of walking space that I can't fathom going through without a mount that are just empty, in zones that feel way too huge for what little there is. The quests are alright and one of my personal favorites are in mooshu, so I don't feel my problem is with dialogue or quests, I like them. It's just the environmental details that feel they need a overhaul.

I've heard of people suggesting Krokotopia should get a redesign next, and honestly, while I agree it does need a artful touchup, it's in a much better place visually than Mooshu's green upon green upon green. I'd even suggest making certain areas smaller, except for the big Yoshito Temple, due to it's significance (though the pathways to the other zones connecting to it could be shortened, please), Marleybone personally comes closer to me wanting to suggest something, but like Krokotopia, it'd really just need touchups rather than overhauls for Mooshu.

I've not communicated much with the community so I'm curious to see if my opinion's in the minority, and if there's suggestions I've not yet considered.