Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Guaranteed Drop System

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Many wizards have concerns over a fully RNG (Random Number Generator) system for drops. The biggest issue with this system is that one wizard could get lucky first try and get a rare drop while another might do 10-20+ runs to get the rare drop. A slight fix for this could be a guaranteed drop system.

There are badges in game that track the amount of kills on a boss. For example, 100 kills for Medulla or Storm Titan. What if those badges could be used for people to gain rare items? So, maybe on the 10th kill, you'd be guaranteed something rare like a spell card or a piece of gear.

So if this was added, where could it be utilized? One, Loremaster. I think some badges should be added there at least. Maybe every 40 kills could guarantee a card drop. Another one could be Malistaire the Undying in Darkmoor. Every 2-3 fights could give 1 piece of Graveyard gear that matches one's school. A final example of this could be on Aphrodite II. Every 5 fights could give a rare drop or the card drop.

I feel that this change could make the game feel less grindy and more fun overall since the player will at least get some form of reward for their effort even if it isn't exactly the item they wanted. It's awful to have a "dry spell" of rewards from fights.

Credit to John Hawkstone for mentioning that I should make this into a separate thread.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2020
Also with that in loremaster should only give your school perm spells

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Burnt54 on Sep 24, 2020 wrote:
In all the years I have been playing, I have never once had Loremaster drop a Balance spell for me. I have had to craft every spell.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Burnt54 on Sep 24, 2020 wrote:
True. That might be a little too good to get any spell especially since people can just craft them.

That reminds me of another problem which would be with seasonal spells like Reindeer Knight and Headless Horseman, should those require less fights but only during the months of December and October, respectively?

Survivor
May 13, 2020
I have been hitting Loremaster for school spells pretty hard. Especially when it's free chest days. In the last year I haven't been able to get deer knight on my death. I have picked up samoori, ninja piglets, brimstone, and one other I can't remember. If it had at least a little higher chance of getting your school I'd be happy.

But a badge system would really be great.