Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Link spells upgrades

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
So, I've had this idea for a long time and only recently did I come up with a solution to it. Before I go into the details, if this would mess up PvP, then have these changes be PvE only.

I have made it known in past that I don't like Link and Power Link as they're fairly useless spells for healing. I'd rather use other spells for better damage or healing. That said, here's what I propose:

Method 1

Link
Current = 30 + 150 over 3 rounds & 15 and 105 over 3 rounds
Proposed = 150 damage & 105 healing the round it’s cast

Power Link
Current = 55 + 345 over 3 rounds & 40 + 240 over 3 rounds
Proposed = 360 the round it’s cast & 240 the round it’s cast

I get that Fire's big thing is over time, but as the ONLY other school outside of life, that talks about healing spells in the school's description, doing it over time makes these spells useless. Notice the spell does less damage and healing, but does them both the same round its cast, and also the values are adjusted for them now being cast in one round vs over time. It just doesn’t make sense not to use Sprite and Fire Elf instead of Link. If we changed it to the spell hitting and healing the same round, the 2 pips makes more sense since you get the full effect right away. It loses some of its punch, but delivers it all the round it’s cast, making it more viable.

Method 2:

Since you get Power Link above level 50 (the level you have access to Astral spells), you could create a new Sun Enchantment spell that would combine the over time effects together and do a full heal instead of both hitting and healing.

Link
Current: 30 + 150 over 3 rounds and 15 + 105 over 3 rounds
Proposed 1: 45+255 healing over 3 rounds (which is the same as Sprite but for twice as many pips)
Proposed 2: 260 healing the round it’s cast (which is less than Sprite by 40 HP for twice as many pips)

Power Link
Current: 55 + 345 over 3 rounds & 40 + 240 over 3 rounds
Proposed 1: 95+585 healing over 3 rounds (which is less than Satyr by 180 HP for the same amount pips)
Proposed 2: 600 healing the round it’s cast (which is less than Satyr by 260 HP for the same amount of pips)

This would make Power Link a more flexible and viable spell at level 55. Life would still have the better healing spells, but this would give Fire more useful in-school healing.

Method 3

Just change both spells to healing only and call it a day.