Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Enemies surviving exactly lethal damage

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 15, 2018
There have been a couple instances over the time I've spent questing so far where I've seen a relatively minor bug, where a monster will be able to "survive" exactly lethal damage. I say "survive" because although the death animation plays and the creature disappears, they will still be active in the fight, albeit as an invisible mob with 1 health.
The most recent example I have of this is one or two days ago, fighting a Red Claw Informer in Vigrid Roughland. I attacked an informer with a 5-pip value Justice attack with a 10% boost to my balance damage - exactly enough to remove all 550 of their health. I thought they had died, and thus was surprised to see them cast a spell and appear still in the arena, though their avatar had disappeared and they were at 1 health.

I say this bug is relatively minor only because most things will either deal too little damage or be complete overkill. However, it can potentially be very inconveniencing to have a monster you thought was gone still be alive for another few rounds, even if a single staff attack is enough to finish them off.

Hopefully this bug can be addressed soon, even though it isn't the worst in the world it never hurts to bring attention to it and make the game more consistent. Been loving every second of playing this game since returning after a hiatus lasting many years, and hope that it continues to develop and improve into the future.

Ethan Wyrmforge, Level 31 Sorcerer

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
"I attacked an informer with a 5-pip value Justice attack with a 10% boost to my balance damage - exactly enough to remove all 550 of their health."

Did you see it hit for 550 damage?

Keep in mind that your stat displays are rounded to integers, but the game combat calculations aren't, so your attacks (and defense) can be slightly different from what you expect. This has always been the case. If you have actually defeated the enemy visually, but they return, that's indeed a bug.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2018
I have seen this bug too, although for me usually if they survive at 0, the next turn it will count them as dying while they try to cast another spell, meaning their damage never actually hits me. But I don't know if this is the case for all instances of the bug.