Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I have returned.

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Not quite a new Wizard here, but I thought that this would be an appropriate place to put this.

After an absence of several months (Which, if anyone is wondering, was taken in protest of Pirate101's comparative lack of attention), I am now considering returning to Wizard101 and to these message boards. I have been inactive since early July, and now I wish to play again and Wizard like I used to.

Which brings me to a question I would like to ask. I am a veteran player, but I left before the Summer Update released and I am not aware of all the details surrounding it. I would like to simply ask: What has changed since before the Summer Update? Is there anything I should be aware of? Basically, I would appreciate a short overview of additions and changes, if there is anyone willing to assist me here. Thank anyone kindly enough to help.

Brian Waterspear, Level 130

Administrator
Lookit Light on Sep 10, 2020 wrote:
Not quite a new Wizard here, but I thought that this would be an appropriate place to put this.

After an absence of several months (Which, if anyone is wondering, was taken in protest of Pirate101's comparative lack of attention), I am now considering returning to Wizard101 and to these message boards. I have been inactive since early July, and now I wish to play again and Wizard like I used to.

Which brings me to a question I would like to ask. I am a veteran player, but I left before the Summer Update released and I am not aware of all the details surrounding it. I would like to simply ask: What has changed since before the Summer Update? Is there anything I should be aware of? Basically, I would appreciate a short overview of additions and changes, if there is anyone willing to assist me here. Thank anyone kindly enough to help.

Brian Waterspear, Level 130
Hi Lookit Light! Indeed, a well known community member, great to see you here and welcome back! Understood about the reasoning.

There is so much with the spring and summer updates. Others can chime in here on what they like to play, but here's the recent updates for your perusal:

Spring: https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/april2020

Summer: https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/july2020

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Sparck on Sep 11, 2020 wrote:
Hi Lookit Light! Indeed, a well known community member, great to see you here and welcome back! Understood about the reasoning.

There is so much with the spring and summer updates. Others can chime in here on what they like to play, but here's the recent updates for your perusal:

Spring: https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/april2020

Summer: https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/july2020

Let me know if you have any other questions!
"Well-known community player"? You flatter me. Thanks for the links, and for understanding why I left.

I just started playing again today, trying to continue some old tasks like farming Baba Yaga for her Morganthe Gem. Feels good to be playing again! I look forward to this Karamelle that's coming up!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome Back!

Quite a few has changed within the short time you were gone.

Sparck posted the update notes but I will see if I can surmise briefly what occurred during your absence.

The Summer Update saw the game going through sweeping changes aimed at enhancing the longevity of the game. More of these notably ones are:

Changes in Character Appearance - The most notably things you will notice upon logging into the game is the overhaul in changes to your wizard appearances. Because of such a drastic change in differences from before and post update, the magic mirror now only requires gold to customize characters.

Shadow Pip Spells - All Shadow Pip Spells alongside Rank 7-9 spells saw a overhaul in terms of damages and utility. Glowbugs for example now does 940 damage and no longer removes charms.

I encourage you to read the dev notes by the producers to see the reasoning behind this.
https://www.wizard101.com/game/dev-diary/spell-balance-audit

Shadow Pip Rating - We now gain shadow pip at a much slower basis as we did before. This change has angered many wizards, especially those who rely on shadow spells. Instead of possibly gaining shadows within the first couple rounds of battle, you may often find yourself waiting 5+ rounds to even gain one shadow pip while enemies already have up to two.

Enemy Nerf - All mobs from Celestia onwards saw a 20% reduction in health to assist in responding to the drastic audits undergone by higher rank spells.

Beastmoon - A new beastmoon event was introduced; Beastmoon Mayhem alongside new forms to go alongside with the event.

Incoming Fall Update - Karmelle, the new world is scheduled to be launched with the next update (Fall Update). It is centered around a candy themed land and will initiate the beginning of Arch V.

KI Birthday - Finally, it's KI''s 12th Birthday. You will notice the celebration throughout the Commons.
Also, enter code 12TIMESTHEFUN for some nice goodies. [Not sure if it has expired]

All in all, welcome back!

Survivor
Sep 05, 2020
Survivor
Apr 06, 2016
In Pirate101's current state, I too may succumb to Wizard101. Great to have you Lookit Light