Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make ALL packages available all the time . . .

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 04, 2019
It would be appreciated if sll the packages were available all the time so customers could buy them when they have the money instead of at random times . . . for instance, I have very low income and I just now have enough money to treat myself to a package . . . I want the carnival package with the little car . . . so where is it? Not where I can buy it . . . someday you will bring it out again . . . probably, when I don't dare spend a penny again as you always do.

People can't just jump up and buy something because you decide to roll the wheel on what is available. Same with the crown shop . . . what's the fun in not having what we want to buy when it's readily available? Where is the older GOOD stuff when I have a dollar or two . . . is that fun for you? It's not fun for me.

You take stuff away from us that you gave when it saves you no money if we just quit buying . . . you took the double seeds out of the bonus gardening . . . now I don't buy the seeds at all. Never a good idea to renig on something you gave . . . makes people wonder if you consider your customers not worth anything.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
One of the more obvious reasons for the constant removal and temporary return of packs is primarily aimed at sales.

If a pack is removed for sometime and somehow brought back, then players will flock to it, purchasing it repeatedly, especially if it has spells or permanent mounts and good gear.

The very said applies to practically all items (especially rarer ones) offered by KI within the crown shop.

This year for example, players have been desperate for a Pack-A-Palooza and a Super Crowns Sale.

These were and still are beloved benefits.

These have been absent for quite some time.

Many would love to see these implemented again, when will that be? That is unknown. But, again, another marketing tactic.

I pray for the day when a pack will be made available for gold..

Survivor
Jul 04, 2019
no interest in buying anything from crown shop they are making these days . . . and yes, giving gold values to crown items would get my vote but then we could all have it and no one would want to pay for crowns if they could get it for gold.

but the tactic of withholding for a swarm of sales instead of making all packages available all the time doesn't track for me . . . if I could get it now, I would and if they bring it back later, I probably won't see it and more than likely wouldn't have the money for it . . . some of us have to save up for stuff like this that has no living value. I think a steady flow is better than an influx later . . . better to practice the steady flow and if they need a sudden need for more sales, they could put some on sale and rotate it that way.

All they do by with-holding it is create a chance where people will just give up and forget about it . . . like when they did an 'Indian Giver' tactic on the double seeds in the garden bonus . . . I just quit buying the seeds from the crown shop at all then . . . until then, I was buying them for all the grand-kids, nieces, nephews, sisters and friends I'd meet in the game . . . now I buy none at all . . . just going back to the mirror and building them up instead of the expensive seeds from the crown shop.

Now I shy away from harvesting during the garden bonus because I don't want to mess with all the junk they drop with it. I don't buy their packages because it's mostly junk and you rarely get the good stuff . . .

I sold graphics for people to use for a long time that I made, so I know for a fact . . . you make a new item and sell sell copies of it over and over . . . you never create but one in the first place, you just make copies . . . not like a commercial creation of something someone can take home with them . . . it's all tired in their property and it never leaves their control . . . it's part of their game and if you quit playing, you don't get to take it with you . . . it's totally useless without their game.

You buy something here and at best, you are just paying to borrow use.
Put it all up for sale and when people spot something and find out which bundle it is . . . they will buy it if it's there to buy . . . next week, maybe not.

Since they changed from the text list loading to the carousel flashing of images spinning, I don't even watch it . . .so I never know when something comes back and couldn't care less if it does or not . . . if I can't have it when I want it why would I take it when I loose interest in it or forget about it??

They took away the reason I was buying so much, so it's kind of funny that they are touting how they need more money . . . if they need more money, drive up the interest by making it available.