Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Guardian No More! - Cold dead hand strikes healers everywhere.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 19, 2012
Was it intentional that "Guardian Spirit" is no longer affected by incoming/outgoing Healing boosts, Life Critical, and Global and Aura spells like Sanctuary, Doom and Gloom, Mend, and Cycle of Life?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Losira on Sep 7, 2020 wrote:
Was it intentional that "Guardian Spirit" is no longer affected by incoming/outgoing Healing boosts, Life Critical, and Global and Aura spells like Sanctuary, Doom and Gloom, Mend, and Cycle of Life?
Yes. It was a PvP issue. Most PvE players don't use it anyway, but it had to be adjusted for PvP.

The spell gives a flat 15% restored health after defeat. It is better to use those 5 pip for a much better heal that can be buffed by Critical, Global, Mend, and Cycle of Life. In most cases, based on total HP, 15% restored health isn't going to get you more than one round before you are defeated again unless another player can and has a heal in hand on the same round that GS revives any players.

As a Life main, I don't use GS at anytime. I do try to keep a good heal in hand as much as possible.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2012
DragonLady1818 on Sep 11, 2020 wrote:
Yes. It was a PvP issue. Most PvE players don't use it anyway, but it had to be adjusted for PvP.

The spell gives a flat 15% restored health after defeat. It is better to use those 5 pip for a much better heal that can be buffed by Critical, Global, Mend, and Cycle of Life. In most cases, based on total HP, 15% restored health isn't going to get you more than one round before you are defeated again unless another player can and has a heal in hand on the same round that GS revives any players.

As a Life main, I don't use GS at anytime. I do try to keep a good heal in hand as much as possible.
Speak for yourself! I have been a full time healer for a decade, my wiz has over 150% outgoing. A single fairy spell does a base heal for over 1500HP. I used Guardian all the time. It was the best spell in my arsenal for those max level dungeons when the group gets wiped. Due to the boosts from sanctuary and cycle of life, I would come back with 3/4 health from it. With a quick Pigsie or Unicorn, I could bring back the entire group and be the hero of the day. With such a high outgoing I can spam low pip heals and keep everyone tip top, with that brings a lot of aggro. Now I have no safety net. This is ridiculous. This spell is useless now, what a shame.

KI should separate PVP from PVE. I do not PVP yet I always get hit with their sanctions and penalties which makes the game less fun for PVE people.

#2020 I guess.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2016
Yes agree G.S. should be restored to original state, but simply made no PVP.
It has the penalty of losing a turn, all blades and all pips (worse than leaving and coming back).
In PVE team play you use on the hitter, and hope it is never needed. (read above).
In solo mode "agro" reduction by death of does not help, (so you need every restoration health point you can get).