Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Idea: Defer Drops

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Abstract: One of the most time-consuming and frustrating aspects of gameplay is repetitive inventory management. By providing players the option to automatically delete items they do not want, this will make the farming and PvE experience much more enjoyable.

Feature Title: Defer Drops

Interface 1: Ctrl + Trash
Function: A dialog will pop-up asking, "Are you sure you no longer want to receive this item?" Once confirmed, item selected will no longer be received as a drop.

(Obviously the back-end logistics would be determined by KI personnel based on what is the most efficient and risk-averse; for example, deciding whether the item will actually be received and then deleted, or just never delivered at all.) [Client- vs server-heavy implementation, respectively]

Interface 2: TBD
Function: Opens a list of currently deferred drops so the player can remove an item to allow it to be dropped again.

What do you guys think of this idea? Thoughts on the interface? How do you think Wizards should be able to access the list?

Just to be clear, there are at least two components to the interface: the way to actually defer the drop in the first place (in my humble opinion, Ctrl + Trash), and then the way to access the management menu.

The menu would probably just be a simple square box, with a table/spreadsheet-style interface with one line for each item. (Thumbnail for type of item, Title of item, the Location where it was deferred) and possibly one other category). They would simply click the item from the list, and at the bottom there will just be a circular button similar to what we see in the gear vaults [A little hat with a minus symbol], that in this case simply removes it from the list. Once the player is done adjusting their deferred drops, they can hit the red X on this pop-up to return to their regularly-scheduled gameplay.

Have a beautiful day!!

Survivor
Jul 30, 2016
You have a good idea for the lower lvl wizards, but for us old timers I'd go a step farther, just turn off each tab of useless junk you dont want or have room for.

Second thing, I would like to move my recipes to my bank, I have over 30 pages of recipes its a cluster.

All the hot air KI is blowing about how much they care about the new wizard, how bout giving some potatoes and EMP's as rewards for finishing worlds. Their useless to most of us max lvl wizards

Thorn in your side
Victoria