Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Plant All Spell and Housing Spots

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
There is an issue with the "Plant All" spell. I could have 300 spots in my house, and 250 used leaving 50 spots available. When I use plant all for 16 seeds, it may only plant 4 and claim I do not have "enough space to plant" the others. However, I am able to plant them one at a time, because there is definitely enough space.

My guess is that it has to do with how the spots are summed up in the background between what is originally available in the house, what's been purchased with bric-a-brac potions (love that name by the way), and the 100 spots available for castle magic.

If you all could look into this, that would be greatly appreciated, and don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

Administrator
Palom on Aug 21, 2020 wrote:
There is an issue with the "Plant All" spell. I could have 300 spots in my house, and 250 used leaving 50 spots available. When I use plant all for 16 seeds, it may only plant 4 and claim I do not have "enough space to plant" the others. However, I am able to plant them one at a time, because there is definitely enough space.

My guess is that it has to do with how the spots are summed up in the background between what is originally available in the house, what's been purchased with bric-a-brac potions (love that name by the way), and the 100 spots available for castle magic.

If you all could look into this, that would be greatly appreciated, and don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.
It could be calculating a grouping that overtakes the limit. Try backing off a few more and see if there able to be planted.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
There has always been a bit of an issue when using bric a brac and gardening. It doesn't happen with all players but for some it happens almost every time.

When Bric a Brac was first released, many players used it on the outside to increase their plots beyond the 250 item count at the Red Barn Farm and found that it did not always allow those using Plant all to plant every Plot. I decided not to use it after seeing the issues from it.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
Sparck on Aug 21, 2020 wrote:
It could be calculating a grouping that overtakes the limit. Try backing off a few more and see if there able to be planted.
I'm not entirely sure what this means. A "grouping" that "overtakes the limit"? I'm also not sure what "backing off" means. Do that mean I should physically back my character away from the garden or are you suggesting that I reduce the amount of plots and seeds I plant in the house?

If it's the second one, I'm also confused. If I have 50 spots available and want to plant 16 using "Plant All", I'm not sure why I would need to reduce the number of seeds I want to plant if I can still plant them individually.

Maybe I'm doing a poor job of outlining my issue. I can still plant all of my seeds, I just can't seem to do with with "Plant All", because I receive the message that I "don't have enough space".

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
DragonLady1818 on Aug 21, 2020 wrote:
There has always been a bit of an issue when using bric a brac and gardening. It doesn't happen with all players but for some it happens almost every time.

When Bric a Brac was first released, many players used it on the outside to increase their plots beyond the 250 item count at the Red Barn Farm and found that it did not always allow those using Plant all to plant every Plot. I decided not to use it after seeing the issues from it.
I'm highly susceptible to user-errors ; so, I really appreciate you sharing this. It helps me know it's not just me. I'm hoping now that we've mentioned it, we can see some improvement. How fun would it be if we could identify a tiny piece of the game we had a hand in identifying and helping it get fixed?!

Survivor
May 01, 2013
I am also having this issue. When trying to replant my couch potatoes yesterday I tried to use the plant all. It allowed me to only plant 18 of my seeds with it. I planted them and then tried it again and received the same error message as the poster did stating that I was over my limit of available space. I had just harvested them so there was no reason i shouldnt be able to replant the exact same amount that I harvested. It would not allow me to do this. I could however replant them one by one with no issue. It just took a lot longer. Which is the beauty with buying and training the plant all spell in the first place. This stinks as I farmed for 175k (I think which is astronomical) in gold to buy the spell yet its now useless. This happened on more than one wizard I might add.