Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Celestian Lore Spells

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
First, I expect that I am not alone in being annoyed at the very existence of spells that you have to pay money to get. Traditionally, we have received new spells by leveling up. So it is not completely off-base to say that KingsIsle is basically charging extra money to level up.

How much money are we talking about? I don't remember hopw many Celestian Lore pack I have purchased, but I have lots of gear and pets, but still not enough spellements to get the Spiritual Tribunal spell.

The basic spell four pip does slightly more Damage than Spectral Blast, but like Spectral Blast, isn't a spell that will see much use at max level. I could see it being useful, especially at lower levels, if it were fully "upgraded," which, of course, requires that you buy more packs for chances to get more spellements.

How much would that cost?

I just watched a video where several people opened MANY Celestian Lore Packs. They calculated that you would have to spend about 500,000 crowns to get enough spellements to fully upgrade the spell.

$100 buys you 62,500 Crowns. 500,000/62,500=8.

So it would cost $800 to fully upgrade the spell.

Am I the only one that sees a problem here?

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Liam Swiftwalker on Aug 21, 2020 wrote:
First, I expect that I am not alone in being annoyed at the very existence of spells that you have to pay money to get. Traditionally, we have received new spells by leveling up. So it is not completely off-base to say that KingsIsle is basically charging extra money to level up.

How much money are we talking about? I don't remember hopw many Celestian Lore pack I have purchased, but I have lots of gear and pets, but still not enough spellements to get the Spiritual Tribunal spell.

The basic spell four pip does slightly more Damage than Spectral Blast, but like Spectral Blast, isn't a spell that will see much use at max level. I could see it being useful, especially at lower levels, if it were fully "upgraded," which, of course, requires that you buy more packs for chances to get more spellements.

How much would that cost?

I just watched a video where several people opened MANY Celestian Lore Packs. They calculated that you would have to spend about 500,000 crowns to get enough spellements to fully upgrade the spell.

$100 buys you 62,500 Crowns. 500,000/62,500=8.

So it would cost $800 to fully upgrade the spell.

Am I the only one that sees a problem here?
Nope your not the only one. PTW. RIP pvp.