Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minotaur Minion (myth spell)

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
So i know there were many discussion surrounding myth minions and how they will be transcended into a better version of themselves so am super excited for that. However, currently as it stands, I find it a bit odd that this myth minion is not only useless, the utility cards given on to it such as spirit armor and taunt waste a lot of pips and are not really good for a myth school. This minions also has a habit of just passing.

I also find it ironic that the golem minion you learn from unicorn way enrollment despite the low health, is probably one of the best minions next to talos since it only uses attack spells and cost 0 pips. My second favorite for low level would be cyclops at 4 pips does way more than Minotaur minion which when looked at, is 20 levels below the Minotaur minion. So am pretty sure that's says a lot. A temporary fix to this would be to remove taunt, keep spirit armor if needed, give it a blade spell priority, colossal frog and a Minotaur spell. Even a weakness or mantle would also be helpful. Then this spell would be worth it as a reward at level 38.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
You may be misunderstanding the purpose of that minion.

Taunt is intended to draw enemy fire, so the player gets hit less. Spirit armor is to keep it alive.

There is a place for a minion that does lots of damage, but there is also value in defensive minions that don't attack. We can buff without having a minion waste our traps.

Myth has, and should have, both types.

Defender
May 11, 2013
angellifeheart on Aug 18, 2020 wrote:
So i know there were many discussion surrounding myth minions and how they will be transcended into a better version of themselves so am super excited for that. However, currently as it stands, I find it a bit odd that this myth minion is not only useless, the utility cards given on to it such as spirit armor and taunt waste a lot of pips and are not really good for a myth school. This minions also has a habit of just passing.

I also find it ironic that the golem minion you learn from unicorn way enrollment despite the low health, is probably one of the best minions next to talos since it only uses attack spells and cost 0 pips. My second favorite for low level would be cyclops at 4 pips does way more than Minotaur minion which when looked at, is 20 levels below the Minotaur minion. So am pretty sure that's says a lot. A temporary fix to this would be to remove taunt, keep spirit armor if needed, give it a blade spell priority, colossal frog and a Minotaur spell. Even a weakness or mantle would also be helpful. Then this spell would be worth it as a reward at level 38.
Stop trying to get spells nerfed

Survivor
May 03, 2020
Minotaur isn't to do damage; it's to avoid you being damaged and it's the best minion of all at this. Up through say level 70 of solo play it's essential. After that the bad guys have too many AoE spells and it uses up your traps so you're better with no minion for solo play. I don't use minions with other players except once when two of us were doing the Act 5 end boss (for the first time ever) and I used a Minotaur there for extra defense.

It's the best minion.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2020
imo until/unless we can control minions they're always going to be lackluster past lvl 50 for questing play.