Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wave 1 in Monster Mayhem is too short

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
I've been doing this event a lot in Test Realm, and as well in Live Realm now that it's out. It is a fun event, but with a time limit of 10 minutes (12 w/ clam), this is not enough time to get past even the first stage. I've been joining teams of random people, and of course we are not going to be very well coordinated. This makes the event unplayable unless you are well-coordinated with friends, which completely defeats the purpose of the random queue. It will also encourage harassment as players who even take too long to think will be leading the team to defeat. Give the first wave an extra 5 minutes, and maybe have Time Clams give 3 minutes instead of 2.

I'm only talking about the first wave because it is too difficult for random teams to even make it to wave 2. Waves 2 and 3 probably also need a 5 minute time boost, but I'm not too sure yet.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
For people who can only do random teams, like me, it is frustrating and impossible. And the game icon you click on to tell you about it has a "Join Match" right there so people are not forming teams with strategies, they are just doing this new "fun" event that was just announced. The first round should be a lot easier, have a lot more time, and be more to give people the feel of what the game actually is and let them become acclimated with it. People are saying things like "I am so lost". "Where do I go now?" Then as they get used to playing, the rounds can increase the difficulty even the second one. But I have not even been able to get past the first. I don't even know what the second wave is like. I decided to try a couple times a day but not worry about it too much. I never expect to win. Maybe get a few points, who knows? There are other things to do on wiz.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
They could even use quest arrows and directions such as "One player at moon" Go to moon? And an arrow directing them. Also arrows directing them to where the rings and spiral is, and the cards you can get if you aren't in the spiral fight. Just for the first wave so people begin to understand the game. I think a lot of players aren't even familiar with the area, and the map doesn't help much in my opinion.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
The Mayhem that just ended:

My first day going in, I opened 2 Time Clams in the same Wave (1), right next to one another.
Someone in arena said they also opened 2. I heard another say it a few days later.
But I have only seen this once. I feel this was a mistake and patched immediately.

I'd love to hear from others who opened 2 Time Clams in the same wave. And also hear from KI what the story is with this. Is there a trick to get Time Clams to spawn twice? Or was this a mistake and patched immediately when there are many other ongoing issues that are a detriment to our gameplay and never patched?

Btw, I've been in extremely coordinated teams and still it's mostly impossible when some bosses 1-shot everyone.
And also encouraging harassment is the final Spiral battle only awarding credit to those in that battle.

For annamoon559 - I'm rather decent at this and I still get lost.