Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beastmoon Crafting Station

AuthorMessage
Developer
I'm glad that you added a new crafting station to craft gold idols and treasure cards with beastmoon seeds. However, when I checked, there were only 3 Gold Idol recipes and a seemingly random assortment of treasure cards.

Will these rotate with every event or is there somewhere we can purchase the recipes? It's unclear how this new feature works.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
This is an excellent point.

Beastmoon MM really lacked the polish I was hoping it'd get since Test Realm. Among the bugs during the event itself, it seems that there are plenty of mechanics that aren't operating as intended throughout the event.

The crafting station is a cluttered mess of (as you said) seemingly random stuff. There's a few choice TCs of different ranks and elemental schools, there's ice elixirs, and 3 golden idols. Why aren't they at least sorted in their corresponding tabs?
  • Meleager's quest isn't working.
  • Beastmoon Seed Cultivator still has the default icon.
  • The "Element Moon Seed" recipe to craft Elemental Moon Seeds.
  • Artemis still has incorrect enemy locations.
  • The pet isn't tradable.

These are all bugs and questions that were asked in threads/reports during Test. I was really hoping there'd be more information on the mechanics and design of Monster Mayhem. I wish I could access some of the threads, but they were taken down (being Test-only).

I'm hoping we can get a Dev Diary that explores what kind of direction KI is heading with these events and decisions. There's many, many questions like these that are going unanswered.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Cam on Aug 18, 2020 wrote:
I'm glad that you added a new crafting station to craft gold idols and treasure cards with beastmoon seeds. However, when I checked, there were only 3 Gold Idol recipes and a seemingly random assortment of treasure cards.

Will these rotate with every event or is there somewhere we can purchase the recipes? It's unclear how this new feature works.
In test realm, the developers indicated the crafting items would rotate with each Monster Mayhem.

Unfortunately, I'm still confused and puzzled on why some of the recipes were added. For example, like I noted in test realm, there are now two different ways to craft the Cleanse Charm TC. The monster mayhem recipe is the easiest way using easily available moonstones to craft, essentially wasting sever space and effort for all the Deckathalon TC recipes (which use up the scare rune resource). This goes for the elixirs, as well. The recipes to craft the same exact potions from the Deckathalon is significantly easier with the ingredients from the Monster Mayhem.

The design decisions regarding the Monster Mayhem crafting station and its impacts to Deckathalon rewards makes hardly any sense (except the ability to craft gold idols).