Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Beastmoon Monster Mayhem event issues here

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Wizards! Today we released the new Beastmoon Monster Mayhem event (you got a sneak peek of this during Summer Test Realm).

Please post a link from an existing thread (you can create it fresh if the topic doesn't yet exist) in a reply here for issues you have about the event.

PLEASE POST A NEW LINK TO HERE

Thanks!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
On Stage 2, occasionally a Balance and an Ice enemy team will spawn in Monster Mayhem. This is a broken setup for the AI. The balance creature spams increase pips on the Ice creature and the Ice creature spams 150 hp shields for the whole team. This just cycles through over and over with shield spamming. Please adjust the AI for this team or break up this set of creatures. Unless you are a "drain" form, it will take 10 mins to try to damage through all the shield spamming.

Administrator
A reminder to please create a NEW thread outside this one and then link the issue or concern here to it.

Thanks!

Survivor
Sep 13, 2011
Delver
Jan 30, 2015
When I type Meleager's name, it shows yellow in chat, so not all players will be able to see it.

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
When I approach Meleager the "Press x or left click to talk" modal pops up, but nothing happens when I press x or left click.

Administrator
Thanks for reporting this issue! We're investigating. If anyone else has a similar occurrence, please describe how it happened.

Administrator
Oran of Urz on Aug 19, 2020 wrote:
On Stage 2, occasionally a Balance and an Ice enemy team will spawn in Monster Mayhem. This is a broken setup for the AI. The balance creature spams increase pips on the Ice creature and the Ice creature spams 150 hp shields for the whole team. This just cycles through over and over with shield spamming. Please adjust the AI for this team or break up this set of creatures. Unless you are a "drain" form, it will take 10 mins to try to damage through all the shield spamming.
Thanks Oran for the details on this concern. We're taking a look!

Survivor
Jan 21, 2010
Bugs noticed:

1. Upon completing a spiral fight we do not teleport immediately back to base, there is lag of seconds
2. All events the same, Teleporter in base says time is up, still doesn't let me through for seconds after.
3. After a spiral fight ends, those fighting side rings watch spell animations play out before fights end.
4. The crafting Anvil does not have the full Test Realm repertoire... I'm guessing it will cycle?
5. Kaji Buta has a spell with no Data on it.
6. Due to the length of time that Dots add up to in visuals, all dot forms are shunned in this event and the majority of dots avoided completely. This is likely to be a trend for all forthcoming monster configurations... Are DoTs Mayhem obsolete?
7. The difficulty we often had was organizing the first stage. It kept ending up in 2 groups of 3 in too many circumstances, making even wave 1 win impossible but forcing us to play it out on a hope. No win, no lunari.
8. IF the lunari drop for this event depend on you being present at the spiral battle, how do the other players earn prize awards? I've not spent one lunari on leveling up this event. As winning lunari seems very specifically difficult.
9. We won the Event only once. I was there at Final Boss battle & played final fight ending blow, yet received nothing(no lunari/drops) for winning that fight. Points I guess were the only reward.
10. Having worked with people on putting together voice teams for this event, im sad to say that a few of them have already in a disheartened state, given up on it and stated that unless something changed they would be sticking to beastmoon hunt.
11. When we are defeated in a battle yet have already removed a mob from ring, all mobs re-spawn forcing us to begin said battle from scratch..(this is a nearly impossible come back from)

all that being said. we need time clams to give one/two additional minutes each, or say 2-3-4 minutes with wave.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2015
I noticed that I wasn't able to level up my form from my tier. My death fairy is at tier III and I wanted to level her up to level 4, but instead I had to level her up from the start to get her to level 4. The page with the price appeared (telling me to pay 200 lunari and 2 death moonstone) but instead it took me 50 lunari and 2 hunter's moonstone and it counted it as level 2.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
We had a great group last night, and beat the final boss 2 times.
  • We received no rewards following the final wave 3 boss fight either time
  • We are unable to turn in the quest to "Defeat Beastmoon Boss 2 in Hollow Mountain"

I took screen pictures of the "You Win" banner and our Red Team final stats

Time stamp for the second win pictures 08/20/20 1:13 AM
Wizard name Mark Dragonheart

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
Link to Issue I reported about no rewards:
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/new-beastmoon-mayhem-event-final-boss-beaten-no-rewards-8ad6a427740ae72c01740c0d1f8407cd?page=1

A few additional points:
  • There is an issue with this event being able to adequately communicate with people that do not have text chat. This being a timed entity, you can't waste time on trying to hunt for some obscure means to educate a textless wizard on strategy.
  • I and others have lost their beast form once a battle is completed. If unconscious when the battle is won, the expected result is to keep your form with 1 health, and be able to re-heal and continue. I had at least 4 instances where that did not happen, and others where it did. There is not consistency.
  • During the lag between boss fight win and re-spawn, I teleported into the base when the respawn happened, I did not receive the boss battle rewards.
  • Lunari rewards are extremely low, and zero guaranteed as in regular beastmoon. This doesn't incentivize players to continue playing. Too many rage quits the last couple of days.

Administrator
laminmb1 on Aug 20, 2020 wrote:
We had a great group last night, and beat the final boss 2 times.
  • We received no rewards following the final wave 3 boss fight either time
  • We are unable to turn in the quest to "Defeat Beastmoon Boss 2 in Hollow Mountain"

I took screen pictures of the "You Win" banner and our Red Team final stats

Time stamp for the second win pictures 08/20/20 1:13 AM
Wizard name Mark Dragonheart
Glad it was a fun group and you enjoyed the event!

Sorry about the no rewards issue. We are aware and working on the concern. It won't be resolved this event, so for the next match you play make sure you are in the boss battle directly when it is defeated.If the battle ends and you are not in the sigil you may not get credit.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
I have complete a couple or three wave three's and have received a badge. When I talk to Meleager, or try to, nothing happens. I was only able to click on him the first time to get the quest. I am being rewarded or cannot talk to him and I have played and won. Don't know if I am doing something wrong, or that it's a bug.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2011
laminmb1 on Aug 20, 2020 wrote:
Link to Issue I reported about no rewards:
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/new-beastmoon-mayhem-event-final-boss-beaten-no-rewards-8ad6a427740ae72c01740c0d1f8407cd?page=1

A few additional points:
  • There is an issue with this event being able to adequately communicate with people that do not have text chat. This being a timed entity, you can't waste time on trying to hunt for some obscure means to educate a textless wizard on strategy.
  • I and others have lost their beast form once a battle is completed. If unconscious when the battle is won, the expected result is to keep your form with 1 health, and be able to re-heal and continue. I had at least 4 instances where that did not happen, and others where it did. There is not consistency.
  • During the lag between boss fight win and re-spawn, I teleported into the base when the respawn happened, I did not receive the boss battle rewards.
  • Lunari rewards are extremely low, and zero guaranteed as in regular beastmoon. This doesn't incentivize players to continue playing. Too many rage quits the last couple of days.
You will lose your beast form if you die and the battle is finished more than 2 rounds after your defeat, or if you flee.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
An issue I've seen is that the quest from Meleager is glitched. Maybe this is just me but I have completed stage 3 twice and stage 2 a couple of times, and the quest is simply to defeat a boss. It says I have not completed it and when I try to talk to him no dialogue comes up.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Even during test realm, the timer countdown was approximately 10 secs faster than what it displays on the screen. In other words, the event ends 10 seconds faster than what it shows on the screen.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Beastmoon is very intimidating to new players, who traditionally skip or aren't aware of the help resources available. Players constantly have to help new players or explain mechanics (even to more seasoned ones) and strategies. The Help pages and Artemis New Moon are the only 2 resources that give a player information about the mode (in-game). However, there are a number of errors/improvements that should be made in these sections:

Meleager
Name isn't white listed in text chat, doesn't have any "you came back too early" dialog (grey question mark).
"Beastmoon Rewards" is not a good title for him. Maybe "Beastmoon Challenger" or something.
He does not mentioned AT ALL what he does. I have absolutely no idea what his quest actually does besides give 10 xp and 10 gold and if that's all he does, that's disappointing (I imagine it gives you something additional but it's very unclear as to what). Also, I still can't complete it (stuck on Boss 2 which I've beaten a number of times now). Everything with this guy is glitched. He says "Hunt" instead of "Mayhem" which can be confusing.
Also he says "a weekly occurrence." I've had players thinking he gives out a quest every week, rather than per event. Really, his entire dialog and purpose seems like he was thrown together last minute.

For Artemis New Moon:
I've reported this a few times in Test, but the locations of the Battle Rings which grant "Ring Spells" is incorrect. They do not spawn in the middle 2 spots.

"Beastmoon boons are reward at the end of each stage" -> rewarded (text only).

Beasthall is inconsistent with Beast Hall in the Help Pages.

Additionally, I feel the Time Clam, defeating making you choose a new form, and explanation of wisps should be in her dialog, but I guess she'd rather talk about removing teleporter countdown timers. She could also mention that craftable Recipes change per event. The Help pages mention some of this, so I guess it's not the end of the world, but her "tutorial" isn't really helpful for most players, it's more of a brief explanation of removing stuff from Hunt.

Help Pages
The Help pages say "Beast Moon" instead of Beastmoon on page 3.

The Help pages call "Ring Spells" "Sigil Spells". No wonder people get them all confused.

There are plenty of new spell mechanics that aren't explained in the Help pages (Sacrifice, Minion selection, Intercept, Detonate, Afterlife, and the protected brackets [x] - just to name a few). Additionally, the capitalizations are really inconsistent in the spell descriptions themselves.

Lastly, there was a lot of copy-pasting with the Help Pages and Hunt. IMO, nowhere in Monster Mayhem should you see the words "Hunt", as it confuses players as to which event they're playing and the correct terms. This includes "Hunt!" at the end of the teleport countdown in the beginning of the game. Hunting Grounds could become Battle Grounds. Capitalization of specific terms (noticeably Boss, Monster, and Wisps) is incredibly inconsistent. The same sentence literally has "Pip Wisps" and "Moon wisps".

Edit: I definitely started a new thread for this; I don't know how it ended up here. I was going to link it here, but thanks for saving me a step!

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
15 minute penalty for waiting for beastmoon mayhem to start

I am waiting in the beastmoon mayhem queue. The message to join never appears. The timer is counting down, then reaches zero, and I am anticipating going in, but instead I am hit with a 15 minute penalty with this message:

Problem

You have been removed from the match due to inactivity.
You can join the event in 15 minutes.

This is the same exact problem we had in previous beastmoons! Stop giving out penalties at no fault of the player please.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Now I got another 15 minute penalty because once every day the game disconnects and up pops Bug Reporter.

This is not a Beastmoon issue but all beastmoon events are affected by it.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2010
This is a picture of Varraxs' Tier 4 Lvl 4 Deck (Taken from Kiosk)BUGS (afaik)
1. In the Battle Cards Fanged Spider is purchasable.
2. Harvest Spirit is NOT purchasable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a picture of Varrax Lvl1-2 Decks
NOTE - the reversal of two Battle cards, but no actual change in that area
Feisty Sprite seems to be a missing Battle Card Option on Lvl 2.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

JusticeBringer Legaton never gets access to Tide of Battle (Battle Card). not sure if it's a bug, but being able to buy 1 of that spell sure would be nice.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
I just won (with a random team). I was in the boss fight all 3 times. The quest is still there. It's bugged! The quest is bugged. I did not even get any Lunari from that 3rd stage. All it gave was 121 gold, fire rune, enhanced fire rune, balance rune, enhanced balance rune, and 0 xp. Woot?

How can I turn in the beastmoon mayhem quest

Survivor
Aug 29, 2014
Today, 9/7/2020 7:19 pm, I was in beastmoon battle at sun.
We had almost defeated one opponent when they vanished. Someone said when someone leaves the game another can join.
than person had full health and plenty of pips.
We lost. My final two rounds I selected a hit spell and it didn't cast. I got defeated the final round before I could try to cast a third time.

There is something terribly wrong if someone new can join a battle at full health and greater power just because another play vanishes.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
CaitSith99 on Sep 7, 2020 wrote:
Today, 9/7/2020 7:19 pm, I was in beastmoon battle at sun.
We had almost defeated one opponent when they vanished. Someone said when someone leaves the game another can join.
than person had full health and plenty of pips.
We lost. My final two rounds I selected a hit spell and it didn't cast. I got defeated the final round before I could try to cast a third time.

There is something terribly wrong if someone new can join a battle at full health and greater power just because another play vanishes.
This thread is for problems with Monster Mayhem (the other Beastmoon mode). However, the card they are playing is "Exit Combat" is lets you leave the duel with no penalty. No penalty means another player can enter the duel to take up the vacant spot.

An easy way to overcome this spell is making sure everyone targets and attacks the same player during the same round.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Oran of Urz on Sep 9, 2020 wrote:
This thread is for problems with Monster Mayhem (the other Beastmoon mode). However, the card they are playing is "Exit Combat" is lets you leave the duel with no penalty. No penalty means another player can enter the duel to take up the vacant spot.

An easy way to overcome this spell is making sure everyone targets and attacks the same player during the same round.
In her post she said the opponent vanished. Same thing happened to me and many others. What I believe happened in her case is, the enemy vanished because their game crashed because Beastmoon is known to have this happen for some. That opens up the spot for a new opponent to join. She can correct this if it was the card used.

Also, why are people not using the flee card as strategy?