Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Schools of Magic and Jobs

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 07, 2013
On the personality quiz, we are given brief descriptors of the kinds of people associated with each school of Magic. Have you ever wondered what kind of jobs these people are likely to have?

Let's have a discussion about the schools of Magic and what you think your job would be school-wise! I'm an artist, so I'm kind of torn between Storm and Life. Storm is all about creativity, but Life is about music (an easy segue into the arts).

I'd love to hear from staff as well and what they identify themselves as according to their jobs!

Survivor
Aug 17, 2014
Interesting. Want to follow this post.

My thoughts:
  • : You said it, artist of any type screams Storm. But in like with their creativity and impulsiveness, I'd add perhaps soldier and some athletes (like mountain biker, snow boarder).
  • : Quick to anger, but great enthusiasm? Acting requires having your emotions on your sleeve. Not best idea for a soldier, but maybe a military leader. Or even a Social Worker (you gotta care a lot).
  • : Despite being my primary school, trying to think honestly. Programmers, philosophers, accountants, researchers (at universities). Slow jobs that require a lot of patience to finish projects. Some projects are never completed, but just worked on in their lifetime.
  • : Balance? Hm. Finding patterns to see the equal and opposite reactions? Chaos and string theorists. Statisticians. Politicians. Economists. This school is hard.
  • : Probably tied for most stereotypical, but morticians, pharmacists, chemists, and surgeon. I'm not implying they want to kill, but are interested in human body and reactants to it.
  • : Other most stereotypical: therapists, doctors, elementary school teachers, musicians, baristasa, and graphic design. Appeal to the soul!
  • : Myth and ancient powers? Imagination? That screams historian, philosophers, actor, and authors.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2014
Shadow of the Past on Aug 16, 2020 wrote:
On the personality quiz, we are given brief descriptors of the kinds of people associated with each school of Magic. Have you ever wondered what kind of jobs these people are likely to have?

Let's have a discussion about the schools of Magic and what you think your job would be school-wise! I'm an artist, so I'm kind of torn between Storm and Life. Storm is all about creativity, but Life is about music (an easy segue into the arts).

I'd love to hear from staff as well and what they identify themselves as according to their jobs!
Lets see this is a well organized thread and I truly appreciate some actual thought on the matter...

Given that I work as a USPS worker I would say that we fall within the lines of Balance and Myth. Balance since I am having to uphold US government laws and regulations while serving the public trust. Myth given we are the unsung heroes of legend when it comes to the current pandemic and over the last 200 years when Benjamin Franklin actually created the postal service. These schools also follow me as a person because I truly do believe in "fairness" and that "justice" can only be given with the right "evidence" the fact that the sorcerer school is an epitome of weighing the scales of life, it truly helps us to better understand that without all the other schools, life would not exist. Life cant exist without death, death cant exist without myth, myth cant exist without the Storm, and the storm is nothing without balance, and Ice is nothing without the flames.

Balance and Myth while similar in its innate meanings, also oppose each other as Balance oversees the myth to create the scene of life. Myth paints the picture without the drawing, it is the colors of life in all its forms. From life and Death and every shade in between. Balance structures while Myth is a free spirit .. Imagination and creativity could also be myth as it is with Myth that music and the arts were born out of. With that art, Balance overtakes the role to oversee our lives.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2020
ok so problem 1 with all of this is people should be able to play how they want and not be told how problem 2 the name calling when balance and life schools don't act as a support school we have attack spells we don't have to be support wizard101 never said hey they can only support we can be hitters I am sick of being called trash because I play my wizard how I enjoy it problem 3 the quiz is more so for fun and seeing how you respond as you progress through the game and make another character. no more no less its simple

Survivor
Aug 17, 2014
Vampiricsoul1207 on Aug 25, 2020 wrote:
ok so problem 1 with all of this is people should be able to play how they want and not be told how problem 2 the name calling when balance and life schools don't act as a support school we have attack spells we don't have to be support wizard101 never said hey they can only support we can be hitters I am sick of being called trash because I play my wizard how I enjoy it problem 3 the quiz is more so for fun and seeing how you respond as you progress through the game and make another character. no more no less its simple
Dude, what are you going on about? I think you posted your frustrated response on the wrong thread lol. This is just a fun discussion about fictional, hypothetical jobs for the different types of magic users in Wizard101 I suggest re-reading the premise and the previous responses.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2013
Vampiricsoul1207 on Aug 25, 2020 wrote:
Not really sure where the anger is coming from. this is a Just for Fun thread. I never told anyone how to play, no one called any school trash in this thread. Regarding the quiz. yes it's just for fun but it delves into personality traits and I thought it'd be cool to hear from the community about where they see themselves.

Not sure what your problem is, young wizard.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2020
I am a mixture, and can never seem to choose which school I actually want to be, lol. I have at least one wizard of every school, but my two main wizards are Life and Balance...and I usually play solo although the greatest joy of my life (in game) is running into a Tempest wielding Storm Wizard in the midst of a hard quest trying to get something from some baddie that insists on holding onto that whatever it is with their last breath...lol.

Anyway...reading through this thread I had to laugh at myself because I somehow ended up being terribly predictable. When I first started playing W101 a decade ago I took the quiz and stuck with the result... I was working in healthcare and my main wizard was Life/Myth. Then I went to college and ended up graduating with an accounting degree and (after skipping the test) my main wizard is now a Balance/Storm!

Every time I take the quiz though I get Life in the end no matter what because my favorite animal out of the choices is a Unicorn, and I always pick Jade because my birthstone is green.