Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening, needs, and a cave

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 29, 2019
I have the Red Barn, I have a stacked garden there, I wanted to make another garden on another castle.
I happen to have the Avalon castle. If I place a garden in the cave area, will the plants develop needs while I visit just the main area?

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
aberrantdrone157 on Aug 15, 2020 wrote:
I have the Red Barn, I have a stacked garden there, I wanted to make another garden on another castle.
I happen to have the Avalon castle. If I place a garden in the cave area, will the plants develop needs while I visit just the main area?
Plants grown in "inside" areas won't be triggered to have needs if you visit an "outside" area and vice-versa.

To check if they are separate areas, click on your "Place object" button on the lower right and check your item count.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I've done it and as far as I can tell one doesn't trigger the other.

If your energy level is such that you should only do one a day, I suggest using a portal from a safe house or your dorm to the INSIDE of the cave and then portal out again.

You can enter the outdoor space the normal going home way.

Word to the wise - I highly recommend, in that case putting a book shelf or something that you have to move to get out in front of the door on the inside of the cave to remind you not to go out. AND another one on the outside to remind you not to go in (I don't know exactly where the threshold is for triggering)

Before I thought of that, I CONTINUALLY forgot that it mattered and went in for the bank, out for a vault, in for a pet, out for a ... whatever. >.<