Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Upgrading Equipment

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 12, 2020
Can someone please help me?? I've watched the streams but I need someone please help me understanding how to upgrade items. I'm having problems understanding cause I'm an older person that has had a couple of strokes. I need someone to explain how to upgrade that a child can understand. Please and thank you.

Administrator
All Me on Aug 11, 2020 wrote:
Can someone please help me?? I've watched the streams but I need someone please help me understanding how to upgrade items. I'm having problems understanding cause I'm an older person that has had a couple of strokes. I need someone to explain how to upgrade that a child can understand. Please and thank you.
We'd be happy to help! What items are you hoping to get an improvement on?

Survivor
May 12, 2020
Sorry been away.. How do I upgrade my Celestia Storm Gear????

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
You upgrade equipment by doing the following:

Farming Bosses (Major, most common way).
Crafting
Purchasing from vendors (Bazaar most common vendor).

The best gear though are usually obtained through farming dungeons having bosses in them.

Since you mention Celestia, I take it you are still in your level 50's.

Continue questing until you get to level 60.

At level 60, you will be called to return to Crab Alley (the crab alley quest line must be completed however).

Crab Alley contains the Waterworks Dungeon which has great gear for your storm at that level.

Alternatively, have you started questing in Grizzleheim? Wintertusk?

If so, in Sudrilund, (Area in Wintertusk), you can purchase recipes for your storm to craft and equip.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
Hello

Not sure to understand,
Do you want new gear with better statistic or upgrading the set by unlocking the bonus from multiple part?

For the first case farming is the best way to drop what you want so i guess thats not what you asked.

For the set bonus system thats quite easy, try to collect hat/robe/boots/ring/athame/amulet/deck and wand from a same set(the ones that exist on the wanted set of course).
If you wear enough part you unlck bonus stats.
You can see that on bonus panel when you ctrl+click on a part of the set.

Check wizard101wiki for the drop sources of the differents parts ( for celestian set i know lyon lorestriker drop often too random part of celestian set hat robe and boots).

You can also check finalbastion they created a guide to know what part are inside this set.

I hope this helped you.

Kane GoldenFlame,Master of Storm

Survivor
May 12, 2020
I'm not up to level 74 now. Looking around the Zafaria area for equipment. Not having much luck..

Last 3 or 4 days though been in Krokotopia farming stone block(boring).. Still needing about 2000 more..

I have another question for everyone. Spell points??? If I do the Bye Back to get some of my points back WILL I have to do certain quest again to get my Bigger spells back or where do I get them again???

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
Hi all me,

You are on zafaria great but i don't recommebdr yo farm this world for gears as star edward yold you waterworks or sudrilund gears are the best you can have.
I will add atlantean gears and meowryarty gears from blue duels can be good too if you find some.

For the points buy back, let clarify few things:

When you buy back your point all learned spell you obtained via points will be removed from your spell book,
You keep all spell learned from a quest,dropped from loremaster or another boss,crafted,unlocked from a pack and from your teachers.
All dislearned spell will be available on the trainers you've learned from the first time with their need (you must take all sun fist to get the biggest one again)
All point you had used will be back and you can choose to use them on any spell you want.

Last thing why do you need 2000 stone block?you know you can only get 999 on your caracter (7992 on an account i know)
Anyway good luck to get them

I hope this give you the information you searched

Kane GoldenFlame,again