Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance needs a better blade or hits.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 26, 2010
As a balance we currently most likely run a critical setup with max 7500hp (very low), our spells are not powerful, our heals don't heal much anymore, infallible doesn't cast much anymore to use supernova (our only good spell). We are easily the worst pvp school at the moment and I know the issue. Our issue is we don't have the stats and spells to support us enough plus with our weak hits we only have a 25-35% UNIVERSAL blade (useless). With this current nerf to all schools balance easily got hit the hardest. As our hits are weak with no blade to support (don't argue use elemental or spirit hits set shields are very hard to get rid of without using 3 power pips on a shatter aka dying the next turn). Now heres my issue, an ice wizard has around the same damage as me with 70 universal resist and almost 10k hp, how is this fair? Ice can blade stack to do the damage of a storm, steal my heals, steal my shields, frostbite my shields, completely DOMINATE me. We simply cannot compete with the other schools because as death, ice, fire, myth, etc have the same if not better hits and WAY better stats than us they also have 40-50% BLADES to support those hits. Our only options are punishment pet and a gaze bubble which gaze SUCKS!
KI needs to realize nerfing spells doesn't matter to the other schools like it does to balance we are as weak as everyone else but they have blades and we don't. It is not a fair matchup

also jading is broken and unbeatable
#give balance a good DOT
#bring lore back

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
xzigzagman on Aug 10, 2020 wrote:
As a balance we currently most likely run a critical setup with max 7500hp (very low), our spells are not powerful, our heals don't heal much anymore, infallible doesn't cast much anymore to use supernova (our only good spell). We are easily the worst pvp school at the moment and I know the issue. Our issue is we don't have the stats and spells to support us enough plus with our weak hits we only have a 25-35% UNIVERSAL blade (useless). With this current nerf to all schools balance easily got hit the hardest. As our hits are weak with no blade to support (don't argue use elemental or spirit hits set shields are very hard to get rid of without using 3 power pips on a shatter aka dying the next turn). Now heres my issue, an ice wizard has around the same damage as me with 70 universal resist and almost 10k hp, how is this fair? Ice can blade stack to do the damage of a storm, steal my heals, steal my shields, frostbite my shields, completely DOMINATE me. We simply cannot compete with the other schools because as death, ice, fire, myth, etc have the same if not better hits and WAY better stats than us they also have 40-50% BLADES to support those hits. Our only options are punishment pet and a gaze bubble which gaze SUCKS!
KI needs to realize nerfing spells doesn't matter to the other schools like it does to balance we are as weak as everyone else but they have blades and we don't. It is not a fair matchup

also jading is broken and unbeatable
#give balance a good DOT
#bring lore back
One of the big issues I see with balance users is not utilizing all of the resources you have. This old one sided mindset of having only to rely on lore spamming gave the idea, that balance was never going to be good without it.
Balance can utilize aura much better vs any other schools other than themselves because of the ability to ruin one. Supernova is not a good argument for the power spike of balance, because that spell is very situational and basically uses your opponents turn against them.

Balance has always been strong, start using off meta spells like chimera and hydra. Spiritual tribunal is also another good spell. Lore in comparison to weaver for life is balance in the hands of the balance school and still does fair of amount of damage with good pierce. Use infallible maycast pets specifically the clock work pallidin.

Balance has 5-6 different types of blades including tcs,yes spirit and elemental blades are balance blades in case u didn't know. Your tanky enough to blade stack also, so you can definitely get over 8000 hp.

Balance is not bad, its just the other schools have caught up in the meta with majority of the buffs surrounding health and tanky stats. Thats why death is able to blade stack more so that ever before.

Ice are pretty much a counter school to balance in bubble control and heal elimination, this was always a thing.

Also remember balance was suppose to be one of the hardest school to play with~ Relying on the old ways to play balance will not give you the same result.