Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Badge Rewards

AuthorMessage
Developer
Today, badges have no other reward than displaying a title, which is appropriate for most cases, but would you consider adding rewards on SOME of them?

Rewards that are relevant to the badge would be best, but anything would be appreciated. Here's what I'd like to see...

Something very frustrating about this game is the RNG of drops. I know that farming is addicting and such, but I like the idea of having SOME way to guarantee what you want. The amazing devs have already headed in this direction with improvements like spellements and catacombs crafted gear. Catacombs is the best example. If you farm for 1000s of runs there's NO way you don't get the gear even if you have the worst luck in the world due the the guaranteed reagents dropped and as instance quest rewards, but it IS possible to get them sooner.

Expanding on this idea, I'd like to see badges that give the drops that people farm for as rewards. For example, you have badges right now that are defeat the storm titan 100 times, Medulla 1000 times, Exalted Rattlebones 10 times, etc. I propose that those badges or others like them (with the numbers adjusted) will drop the difficult gear that most people farm for. That way, players won't get frustrated at each other for being so lucky /unlucky.

With this feature it'd be tempting to lower the drop rates on everything, but please don't. This would just be a way to help people who have terrible luck. Today there's cases where wizards have farmed a certain dungeon 113 times (not exaggerating) without drops and other wizards come in and do like 5 or even 1 and get the drop.

RNG creates a toxic environment, and it does have it's place, but I'd like to see more ways for the insanely unlucky to still get what they need. Thanks!

Survivor
May 22, 2020
They won’t. But maybe they didnt add it to current bosses because it may be coded differently