Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Big issue with shadow pip pacing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 01, 2012
While questing in Polaris and beyond, most bosses often get 2 shadow pips in 3-4 rounds. We're getting one in 5-6 rounds. This is completely absurd when geared in full level 100 gear. (Mali/Krok/Rattle) When geared appropriately, we should either be matching or outpacing their shad gain. They should not be getting shadow pips as quick as it stands right now. Please consider majorly toning down how fast many of the regular bosses gain shads. It is really inhibiting questing and making fights unnecessarily more difficult. I understand adding more challenge to the game, but that should really be relegated to more significant bosses or side content.

(Round 3) - Boss has 2 shadow pips and my gauge has barely filled at all. This is a very common occurrence.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Fully agree!

I too have been wrapping up on Polaris and this has been quite frankly the case.

The shadow pip issue has been quite disheartening.

It is so bad that I notice bosses gaining or having Shadows within the first two rounds of battle. The first two rounds. Meaning, bosses gain a shadow pip on Round I and again on Round II.

While Wizards up to Round V or VI are yet to even gain one shadow.

Why is this the case?

It further decreases the utilization of even knowing Shadow Spells.