Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

BUG: Switching out a pet with energy on it removes it even if not max.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 04, 2014
The behavior has changed. It did not used to do this before.

What happened: I have a max energy of 240 on my character. It happened to be at 186. At the time I had in my gear setup an energy pet with some energy abilities on it which total 45 energy. I switched out the pet for a pet I wanted to train. Immediately upon doing that, my total energy 142. I LOST the 45 energy from my total amount. THIS WAS NOT THE BEHAVIOR THAT HAPPENED PREVIOUSLY.

Swapping out an energy item or a pet does not take away from your total energy saved unless you are at max energy, it merely lowers the max amount of energy you can save up to. The expected behavior was that when I removed the unicorn, my max energy cap should have dropped from 240 - 45 = 195. Since my saved energy was lower than 195 (it was at 186), I SHOULD NOT HAVE LOST ANY ENERGY.

I don't know when this bug was introduced, but please fix this ASAP.

Defender
May 11, 2013
CUTEHORSEY on Aug 5, 2020 wrote:
The behavior has changed. It did not used to do this before.

What happened: I have a max energy of 240 on my character. It happened to be at 186. At the time I had in my gear setup an energy pet with some energy abilities on it which total 45 energy. I switched out the pet for a pet I wanted to train. Immediately upon doing that, my total energy 142. I LOST the 45 energy from my total amount. THIS WAS NOT THE BEHAVIOR THAT HAPPENED PREVIOUSLY.

Swapping out an energy item or a pet does not take away from your total energy saved unless you are at max energy, it merely lowers the max amount of energy you can save up to. The expected behavior was that when I removed the unicorn, my max energy cap should have dropped from 240 - 45 = 195. Since my saved energy was lower than 195 (it was at 186), I SHOULD NOT HAVE LOST ANY ENERGY.

I don't know when this bug was introduced, but please fix this ASAP.
Nah you took off 45 energy you lost 45 energy seems to be working fine.