Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nerf Ward pets

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 11, 2013
PlayHard101 on Aug 31, 2020 wrote:
"Learn how basic mechanics of the game works"

If someone has 100 universal resist, spams brace, uses -80 set shields, then pierce will not do anything.

And no one uses converts in PvP.

And at lower levels, no one has more than 20 pierce.
The reason why a lot of the people on the tournament leaderboards are so high is because of people setting.

Maybe not to the point of immune setting, but you get the point.

Don't use PvE logic in comparison to how PvP works. The playstyles that you use in PvE are completely different in PvP.
If someone has 100 universal resist, spams brace, uses -80 set shields, then pierce will not do anything.

There are skills like Shatter and Skills to remove Auras, Maybe you should learn to use them.

SuperNova is the skill you need to get rid of their brace
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/TreasureCard:Supernova#axzz6WeX36Mh3
Shatter is that skill you forgot about that gets rid of shields.
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/TreasureCard:Shatter#axzz6WeX36Mh3
Just so you can't cry that shatter costs 3 pips :'(
Here's a skill that is ZERO pips and gets rid of a shield
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/TreasureCard:Pierce#axzz6WeX36Mh3
If they are setting high resist just wait out the time and do a few attacks, Jades cant win by stalling now GG KI.

Proof? i have seen it used.

At lower level no one has 100% universal resist

Don't use PvE logic in comparison to how PvP works. The playstyles that you use in PvE are completely different in PvP.

Who said anything about PvE logic

Survivor
Nov 25, 2019
RedDragon877 on Aug 31, 2020 wrote:

There are skills like Shatter and Skills to remove Auras, Maybe you should learn to use them.

If they are setting high resist just wait out the time and do a few attacks, Jades cant win by stalling now GG KI.

1- SuperNova is untradable rare tc, also is pretty much school limited to balance in terms of utility. Thats a horrible argument.
2- They can literally just shield again the round after someone shatters, that helps nothing if they have over 100 resist.
3- Issue is when someone is running 100 set resist while still having over 100 damage, which is very possible considering Ki pretty much made pack gear perfect for this. In tourneys its an unwinnable match if you get faced with a hard setter.

A simple ward honestly is barely an issue, but when it comes to hard setting with a full ward pets theres an obvious issue.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Barbie934m on Aug 23, 2020 wrote:
I rather loser damage on weaver and had a -60 shield instead of a trash tower shield on a weaver spell.

Weaver isn't usefull anymore.

And that post was before the update.

Samantha Max Family friendly to the fair rank pvp players to wards pet user it just RNG base is how they win only.
As a Balance wizard, I liked the -60 shield on Weaver. I liked the -90 weakness from Efreet. I was fine with Life wizards using Guardian Spirit.

Part of the fun was knowing that any school I faced had some OP trick up their sleeve and I had to learn to get around it.

Weaver's damage was maybe a tad too high.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2019
Liam Swiftwalker on Sep 5, 2020 wrote:
As a Balance wizard, I liked the -60 shield on Weaver. I liked the -90 weakness from Efreet. I was fine with Life wizards using Guardian Spirit.

Part of the fun was knowing that any school I faced had some OP trick up their sleeve and I had to learn to get around it.

Weaver's damage was maybe a tad too high.
It was 75 lmao. Also as much as I see your perspective it pretty much throws fairness out the window.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
Professional Wizhe... on Sep 8, 2020 wrote:
It was 75 lmao. Also as much as I see your perspective it pretty much throws fairness out the window.
Weaver for ice is useless now with a -50 shield.

I just want a -60 or make it equal with the tc 55 shields is that to hard to ask for?

Samantha Max Be family friendly to all players.

P:S:

We are all bullies in the past I admit I was a bully in homeschool to my brothers.

You might been a bully or bulled in public school.

So why choose to be a bully on wizard101?

There's way to help and be nice even in rank pvp.

I play as a girl wizard because I'm afraid I will just be a bully guy wizard on Wizard101.

Now I told you why I play as a girl wizard and want commander robe, I would like help but each time I pretty much get def ears on the game.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2019
Barbie934m on Sep 20, 2020 wrote:
Weaver for ice is useless now with a -50 shield.

I just want a -60 or make it equal with the tc 55 shields is that to hard to ask for?

Samantha Max Be family friendly to all players.

P:S:

We are all bullies in the past I admit I was a bully in homeschool to my brothers.

You might been a bully or bulled in public school.

So why choose to be a bully on wizard101?

There's way to help and be nice even in rank pvp.

I play as a girl wizard because I'm afraid I will just be a bully guy wizard on Wizard101.

Now I told you why I play as a girl wizard and want commander robe, I would like help but each time I pretty much get def ears on the game.
Ice is already the second best school and as someone whos ice is 1500, I can say for sure that weaver as it is atm is fine, perhaps even a bit too powerful but thats another issue in itself. Just polar swarm and bubble, as long as you have good gamesense and brace after a weaver, you win lol.

Squire
May 10, 2013
RedDragon877 on Aug 31, 2020 wrote:

"There are skills like Shatter and Skills to remove Auras, Maybe you should learn to use them."

1. Pierce will not always remove the school shield that they use
2. Supernova TCs are incredibly rare, the only way for someone who isn't Balance to get them is to plant Sunions, and only harvesting them at Mature gives you a chance of getting them. So saying that using "skills to remove aura" isn't really a valid argument.

"Proof? I have seen it used."
Yea, obviously people have used every kind of spell in Wizard101 PvP. That goes without question. However, there is only 1 instance where using a Trap is valid - trap stacking. For regular strategies, incorporating a prism doesn't really make that much sense. You shouldn't have to set your deck to deal with setters. You don't predict getting set on in PvP. It's a mechanic that shouldn't be in the game.

"At lower level no one has 100% universal resist"
Not 100% Universal. Around 85-110% to 1 school.
A level 40 wizard can get 85-90% just by using Commander Gear, a set pet and Heartsteel.
With using brace, and a bunch of sets, it will be difficult to beat this opponent.
I'm still having trouble on how you are justifying someone with over 85-100% resist. It's incredibly unfair, and I am happy that you won't be able to change gear before a match in future updates.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
Professional Wizhe... on Sep 21, 2020 wrote:
Ice is already the second best school and as someone whos ice is 1500, I can say for sure that weaver as it is atm is fine, perhaps even a bit too powerful but thats another issue in itself. Just polar swarm and bubble, as long as you have good gamesense and brace after a weaver, you win lol.
Not when the stupid lvl 90 baby wizard has ward pets that needs to be nerfed.

ban tc enfeeble and shatter if immune for lvl 80 and 90 wizard life wizards.

life wizard with immune shouldn't be able to 1 shot a max ice less they are hacking.

Ward pets needs to be nerfed if they are wearing jade gear.

or make it cost crowns 1,000 crowns to use shatter and 1,000 crowns to use enfeeble that will be a correct way to do rank pvp.

Wards pets makes rank pvp -00000000000 sense for life wizards.

Samantha Max play fair and friendly with no wards pets otherwise i shouldn't lose rank by rank pvp law.