Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Big flaw with the spellements mechanic.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 14, 2013
I am a max level fire, and you guys have recently added fire cat and fire elf to be upgraded. Fire cat has 5 tiers to which it can gain to where it can do 145 max damage or 110 consistent damage. Fire elf has 3 tiers with no damage boost, it just shifts the damage to where it can be on the OT or the first hit. Currently, I've only heard that fire elf can be dropped only by Fellspawn, a level 130 golden skeleton key boss in the Catacombs. In order to upgrade fire elf to the 3rd tier, I need 190 spellements. So, basically, I need to farm a boss for a chance to get a gold skeleton key to farm Fellspawn. Not only that, but the combat length varies on if you have a team and the strategy to use. So after ALL that, you still have a chance to get a spellement for a chance of it to be a fire elf spellement for a very small chance of it being a good 30 drop. This is bogus, and it does not give any players any incentive to farm a MAX level boss for a RANK 2 spell. With fire cat, it takes 5 TIERS. That is 685 spellements to upgrade it. Not only that, but currently it is known to be only farmable by skeleton key bosses or a deckathalon which is very limited. I cannot find any reason why someone would want to farm a boss that requires a key that requires you to farm for in order to potentially get a spellement that can either give 1-5 or a rare 30. With today's KI live, Joel states that newly released spells may take a year or possibly less in order for it to become farmable and/or craftable. I do not see any reason behind that statement other than GREED. Why would we have to wait a YEAR or so after a spell's been officially released for it to become farmable / craftable? This makes it extremely pay to win, and it's disgusting. It took 9 months for the grizzleheim spells to be dropped by LOREMASTER and there being a crafting recipe. I cannot see any reason behind the extremely long wait other than the most despicable form of greed. Please consider changing how spellements work instead of overly monetizing it. It's such a great mechanic and seeing it being ruined is just sad.