Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Snowball barrage going back.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 24, 2015
Personally I think Snowball barrage, or as ill call it for the rest of this post, SBB, should go back to doing 75x +250 damage like it was doing for a short while in test realm.

The 95x version may seem like the better spell, but in reality, it only does more, starting at 13 pips. The 75x +250 SBB was more usable since it was stronger at lower pip ranges. Most max wizards will start with 5pips, unless they fail pip, 95x SBB does 475 while the 75x+250 one does 625 but with the new shadow pip system, making it impossible to get a shadow first round, at best you'll get a shadow the second round at 7 pips. 95x SBB does 665 while the 75x+250 one does 775. I think 315 more damage than frost giant is fair considering it's not only a shadow spell, but doesn't stun like frost giant does.

Some people are gonna think this is op because it's "the strongest aoe in the game" but it's only stronger than the current best aoe, nested fury, at 11 pips, which I think is fair, and I think it's unfair to only look at it assuming you can consistently use the 14 pip version.

I also think it should be the strongest aoe in the game when you use 11+ pips, that's a lot of investment into one attack, you should be rewarded for it. Ice is all about using our bulk to stockpile power or use hit after hit after hit, I don't remember where in the game it was said, but the philosophy of the ice school is "persistence is key" putting that much investment into one attack should give you the strongest attack.

I think the 75x+250 SBB was a better yet still balanced version, sacrificing maximum damage for more damage at lower pip ranges, and I hope to one day see it be added to the game as the newer, COOLER (pun intended) SBB.

130 100 70 70 40 1