Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Deleting Side Quests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 18, 2014
One thing that has been missing from Wizard101 is the ability to delete quests. Personally, I have had side quests that have stacked up over the years on some of my more advanced wizards. Adding this feature would be a quality of life change that could help many wizards who are overwhelmed with their amount of side quests.

Now, some of you may be thinking "well if you're an advanced wizard, why don't you just quickly complete these quests?" and that is a fair point, however, some of these quests require you to defeat multiple bosses and find items in their towers (there is a notable dragonspyre one that comes to mind). This discourages the player to finish these quests especially when the amount of XP that is given is significantly less than their current world.

Many current MMOs allow for the player to delete an unwanted quest if they have progressed past, or have decided that no longer want to do that said quest. Now, I am no game developer, but I would assume that the ability to add a button to the corner of a side quest that allows the player to delete it (similar to what Toontown Rewritten added), would not be a very difficult task. If any developers would be able to tell me why this has not been implemented and how there could be a complication, please let me know because I am genuinely curious and want to see this game become the best it can possibly be!

Defender
May 11, 2013
Tyler ThunderCalle... on Jul 27, 2020 wrote:
One thing that has been missing from Wizard101 is the ability to delete quests. Personally, I have had side quests that have stacked up over the years on some of my more advanced wizards. Adding this feature would be a quality of life change that could help many wizards who are overwhelmed with their amount of side quests.

Now, some of you may be thinking "well if you're an advanced wizard, why don't you just quickly complete these quests?" and that is a fair point, however, some of these quests require you to defeat multiple bosses and find items in their towers (there is a notable dragonspyre one that comes to mind). This discourages the player to finish these quests especially when the amount of XP that is given is significantly less than their current world.

Many current MMOs allow for the player to delete an unwanted quest if they have progressed past, or have decided that no longer want to do that said quest. Now, I am no game developer, but I would assume that the ability to add a button to the corner of a side quest that allows the player to delete it (similar to what Toontown Rewritten added), would not be a very difficult task. If any developers would be able to tell me why this has not been implemented and how there could be a complication, please let me know because I am genuinely curious and want to see this game become the best it can possibly be!
Refer to every other time this has been asked about and get the answer. Magic 8 Ball what was the answer given by the Devs. "when you take a side quest, it is a contract you agree to, and there is no way out other then to do it'

Defender
Nov 14, 2015
Tyler ThunderCalle... on Jul 27, 2020 wrote:

They pretty much have already stated they won't ever add that feature because they want you to experience the entire game and blah blah blah. Basically no good reason to not implement it except they want to force you to empty it manually

Defender
May 11, 2013
Ryan DayBreaker on Jul 28, 2020 wrote:
They pretty much have already stated they won't ever add that feature because they want you to experience the entire game and blah blah blah. Basically no good reason to not implement it except they want to force you to empty it manually
I have a good reason for you, When you say you will do something then do it. You know how a contract works.