Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please fix Teamup

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 19, 2010
Title. This has been a problem since the start. I literally dread playing this game now, because of the fact that dungeons like Tartarus, Darkmoor, and even in the Catacombs for the end game are just a chore to play through.

Every time I queue up for a dungeon I cannot solo whatsoever, people either leave at start, leave after first boss (looking at those who leave after the Yevgeny fight in Graveyard) and it makes grinding for gear not only more difficult, but draining.

Also, please tell me WHY even if you queue for farming or questing, you can be lumped in with a team that is doing the opposite of what you want? When I want to do the quest for the Mount Olympus dungeon, why am I being lumped with people who're only there to farm the Gladiator? These types of teams being created need to be in a different queue, or just entirely different teams, not to just fill up the current team in the Kiosk.

And that's not all my problems with team up. People bailing and such aside, I feel there needs to be new additions that'll be good for teamup. Can we please be shown what level the people are whom're in the queue with us? There've been many cases of lower than usual levels or people with odd stat layouts joining up for skeleton key bosses especially. Speaking of stat layouts, can we please inspect the gear/stats of the people queued with us, so we know what we're working with? Also, why not a description of what you're wanting to do in the dungeon? For example: Luska Charmbeak drops the hats in Waterworks, so if you're just wanting to get the hat, why not have a short description of just wanting to farm him specifically? This would also stop the problem with other dungeons, such as Yevgeny and Aphrodite in Graveyard, as well as the Sand Squid Tentacle, Gladiator, and Cronus in their respective Aquila dungeons.

And lastly, I want to point out, that the issue regarding leavers at the start needs to stop. Yes, there's a timer that is triggered when you bail too many times, but there's currently an exploit in the game which can be used to bypass this timer, which I will NOT explain here on the forums, as the last thing I want are more leavers and trolls.

Kingsisle, please, fix team up. This feature should be helping out people that are struggling, not making them stressed out or dreading dungeons/instances, especially in the end game.

Explorer
May 08, 2010
the issue was in dark placing a key boss and a boss that drops the athame right at the start, which makes doing a full run nearly impossible, this is also an issue in upper halls, where quite a few people in teamup just glitch straight to von and leave, making it hard for people on the quest to complete it.

i understand the second dungeon needing some kind of drop to keep an incentive in but with how many people just do the first fight of grave or glitch straight to von, this makes doing these dungeons the first time a nightmare.

at this point i'd rather malistaire drop the athame instead of yev, sure it'll make farming it longer but at least it would be manageable to make it to mali instead of everyone leaving after the first boss

or a separate teamup for yev only that isn't just "player is farming" for all we know they could be wanting to farm mali too...

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Hunter LegendSmith on Jul 24, 2020 wrote:
Title. This has been a problem since the start. I literally dread playing this game now, because of the fact that dungeons like Tartarus, Darkmoor, and even in the Catacombs for the end game are just a chore to play through.

Every time I queue up for a dungeon I cannot solo whatsoever, people either leave at start, leave after first boss (looking at those who leave after the Yevgeny fight in Graveyard) and it makes grinding for gear not only more difficult, but draining.

Also, please tell me WHY even if you queue for farming or questing, you can be lumped in with a team that is doing the opposite of what you want? When I want to do the quest for the Mount Olympus dungeon, why am I being lumped with people who're only there to farm the Gladiator? These types of teams being created need to be in a different queue, or just entirely different teams, not to just fill up the current team in the Kiosk.

And that's not all my problems with team up. People bailing and such aside, I feel there needs to be new additions that'll be good for teamup. Can we please be shown what level the people are whom're in the queue with us? There've been many cases of lower than usual levels or people with odd stat layouts joining up for skeleton key bosses especially. Speaking of stat layouts, can we please inspect the gear/stats of the people queued with us, so we know what we're working with? Also, why not a description of what you're wanting to do in the dungeon? For example: Luska Charmbeak drops the hats in Waterworks, so if you're just wanting to get the hat, why not have a short description of just wanting to farm him specifically? This would also stop the problem with other dungeons, such as Yevgeny and Aphrodite in Graveyard, as well as the Sand Squid Tentacle, Gladiator, and Cronus in their respective Aquila dungeons.

And lastly, I want to point out, that the issue regarding leavers at the start needs to stop. Yes, there's a timer that is triggered when you bail too many times, but there's currently an exploit in the game which can be used to bypass this timer, which I will NOT explain here on the forums, as the last thing I want are more leavers and trolls.

Kingsisle, please, fix team up. This feature should be helping out people that are struggling, not making them stressed out or dreading dungeons/instances, especially in the end game.
1. Unfortunately, those players simply don't care about the team-up being questing or farming. They just see the opportunity and take it. Fixing the "bypass" leaver penalty "should" help decrease this problem or finding new ways to penalize players that are not queuing under the correct banner.

2. Allowing a team-up queue to inspect each other won't fix the problem. This is why the majority of MMOs that offer PUGs don't allow it. If KI was to allow inspecting like that, you will see even less actual team-ups. For example, say your an Ice, but the dungeon is not suited for Ice or there is already an Ice in the group.....you are likely to get dropped from the team or they pick a different queue. If "elite" players don't like certain items or deem you "inadequate" you probably won't get a team. Remember, inspecting goes both ways....not just the person asking for help, since the player starting the team-up could be doing all the same bad activities you described and troubling the others that are queuing at the kiosk.

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
Support. There have been multiple times I've tried to do Darkmoor for the quest, only to be lumped in with people who just want to fight a specific boss and then bail.

I don't get why they even give the option to specify Quest or Farm when they lump you together with whoever regardless.

Explorer
May 06, 2013
This teamup issue you guys are talking about was one of the reasons why I left the game for awhile. Most of the time I wanted to do darkmoor, graveyard and dungeons in Aquila people are either there to do a key boss, farm the first boss in graveyard or flee.Then I have to start over with a 10 minute timer. I have wasted more game time starting over because of this key boss and feeing issue. I say key bosses shouldn't be in dungeons and get rid of the 10 minute timer.

Teamup will help if wizard's level was shown by their name before I enter. Also please add max players in a team indicator bar and players level indicator bar. I rather battle in a team around my level.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Hunter LegendSmith on Jul 24, 2020 wrote:

I feel your frustrations. I dislike that too and I wish something can be done about that. The next time you click on team-up, check to see if there's a hat icon on that dungeon. If there is it means that player is farming otherwise questing. It's not 100% accurate but it does help

Survivor
Aug 19, 2010
Patrick Ravenbane on Jul 26, 2020 wrote:
I feel your frustrations. I dislike that too and I wish something can be done about that. The next time you click on team-up, check to see if there's a hat icon on that dungeon. If there is it means that player is farming otherwise questing. It's not 100% accurate but it does help
While this is what I usually do, there's still the issue that whether you're questing or farming, you'll still be lumped with the current team up for that particular instance or boss that is doing it for the exact opposite of what you're going for. You don't see what type of team was originally started unless you check the kiosk, not at the sigils, which is super inconvenient to anyone.