Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Your Questions and Tips for July 2020 KI Live

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Wizards! We have another special KI Live! We'll be talking all about the Summer Update, and possibly reveal a treat or two on what's coming up next... stay tuned!

Post your KI Live questions here if you want a chance to have them featured on the show. ONE question and/or tip PER PLAYER please.

Keep in mind that we literally receive hundreds of submissions and only a handful are able to be answered. We will do our best to prioritize. If we see any spamming of questions or tips, we will automatically discount your submissions.

Designate in your post whether it is a [Question] or [Tip].

KI Live is set for July 30 at 4pm CT at: www.twitch.tv/kingsisleentertainment!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
QUESTION:

Probably for Ratbeard or Mattnetic:

From the spell balance concept to the final update on test realm, what was the hardest part of the process?

For example, was it keeping all the spells in line with the new DPP rating system, adjusting animations to fit to spell actions, adjusting other aspects as a secondary or tertiary result of the spell changes (like mob health) or something else?

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
I've got a [Question]!

Ratbeard's dev diary said that gear like Jade and Darkmoor gear is "too powerful," and later that future rebalancing updates would include gear. How will you balance bringing gear like these sets in line with the difficulty curve, while preserving their special status as rewards for special challenges?

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
Tip: There are many helpful Quest Trees out there to help you know exactly where you are in questing! If you want to know how much left you have in a world, go ahead and check out one of the fan sites' helpful quest trees.

Question: What kind of thinking goes into making a new world? Are there priorities? (e.g. School-based, different from the last one, culture-based, etc.)

Thanks!
Cheyenne StormHunter
Level 130

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Excited about this KI Live, especially about the sneak peak of what's to come.

Speaking of which;

*Question;

When can we expect to see that audit of our gear pieces mentioned within the very transparent post prior to the summer update going live?

*Tip;

Always try logging out wearing your energy set on. You never know when KI may run membership bonuses such as Double Pet XP or Gardening XP. So, it helps to always be prepared and to be in a position to take full advantage of these courtesies.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
[question]

Now that you've redesigned what our wizards can look like, is renaming a possibility? What would be the issue preventing this from happening?

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
[tip] When a high level player helps you in a dungeon, say "Thank You"

[Question] Is a new world planned for the fall?

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Question:

I was told that training my pet to Ultra will increase its Happiness bar. So I did that and found this to be not true. And now I am told the thought is that an Ultra pet might possibly increase a maycast or willcast cast rate. Can you please shed some light on all we need to know about all the new features surrounding pets? Please include details on pet tokens too, like where we can get the tokens we need and if tokens could be gotten more easily than the 4 ways we have now. The 4 ways mentioned in the Spring Update Notes are 1. Pet Promenade 2. Scroll of Fortune 3. Packs 4. Train pet to ancient or above. But these 4 ways do not guarantee us the tokens that we might need. I also do not know what pack has them. There has to be a better way to attain these. And finally, please include more info on how unlocking a talent might carry over to it's offspring.

I know it's a long question, but this is all so confusing and I don't want others to make the same mistakes I have. Thanks!

Tip:

Type the word "TRAINED" in the hatchmaking kiosk search bar to easily find all the new pets with WillCast.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2014
Question: In a future game update, is there a possibility of giving us a brand new school of magic to play as during the character creation process?

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
Hello KI, hope everyone is fairing well these days. Now that the updates are in as far as how our wizards loon now, wouldit be possible to stop the movement of the mouths as it gives the character a distorted expression from smiling to frowning. Also on this note, would it possible to have an option for the new look as you did with revamping wizard city.
Example being, we are able to choose classic mode for wizard city or the updated version. this option could also be used for us to choose which way we want our characters to look, the old us or the new you so to speak lol.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2011
[Question]

Are all spellements currently in the game able to be farmed from a certain boss/mob?

[Tip]

If you're in need of a mastery at max level and can't afford the crowns, you can farm the Voltergeist boss in the Northeast Aero Plains for a Zanadu Mastery and then craft the mastery amulet you want via the recipes given by the vendor Romar in the Nimbus Citadel.

Explorer
May 06, 2013
question. There are shields, blades and traps available for every school as a trainable spell except Shadow. Why is shadow left out and will they someday be added to the game?

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
How does Shadow Rating actually work?? I have the same shadow rating at all times but sometimes I get a shadow pip round 2 other times round 3 I just don't understand shouldn't it be the same at all times?

Administrator
Thanks all for the great questions and tips! This part of KI Live prep is now closed.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2020
by any chance have a shared spellbook of trained spells on the same account