Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Getting stuck in the wall of the bountiful mine

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 30, 2010
Since the most recent update, I find that my wizards with the bountiful mine are stuck in a wall when coming out of the mine, regardless of their 'facing' when they entered, or whether they entered directly in front of the door. The only way I can unstick myself is to port to another wizard and then go home again, hit my home button (if I'm not stuck in my main house in the first place), teleport to the commons (or equivalent) and head back home, or open the attic, go to the house tab and pick up the mine to stick it in my backpack. Then I can back up a little, set my mine down, and get ready to do it again tomorrow.

At first I thought it was just that I'd accidentally bumped an arrow key just as I was changing screens. But even keeping my hands away from the keyboard/mouse as the transition happens I get stuck.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2013
Happened to me too. Thought it was a random glitch.
Think the update messed with something...

Survivor
Sep 27, 2014
I have checked this with 4 different characters, on 3 accounts. (My whole family plays!)

When exiting the Bountilful Mine, instead of being placed in front of the mine, you end up inside the model and unable to leave without teleporting out.

https://imgur.com/a/3xDgl9X

Top image is from inside the Mine. Bottom image shows a view from the front.

Having a mount equipped or not did not make a difference.

Explorer
May 30, 2010
I'm still getting trapped in the walls of the mine. Sure, I can click on "go home" again or port to another wizard, but I'd really prefer to be able to leave my mine and go on to my next house, or do my gardening or crafting or whatever.

Any chance of getting this fixed soon?

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
... and it's still happening. At least 3 days. I thought maybe it was because I'd used the fine tuning move to push it right up to the edge. But no. Today I moved it to the middle and just plopped it down anywhere it would stick.

Also, if it matters mine is in the Storm House yard. I've tried it in 3 different areas of that yard and it happens almost every time I leave.

It finally let me out by standing right at the cart aiming forward as if I'd follow the track, but not - just walking straight forward through the wall (the track bends)

Tried sinking it into the ground till the outer "soil" disappeared. No.

Tried raising it just a hair above the ground. No.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
This is not new. I used to gather wizards for house runs years ago and many times we got stuck here and in the fish bowl. It's sad that it's still happening.

Explorer
May 30, 2010
stemogstel on Sep 10, 2020 wrote:
This is not new. I used to gather wizards for house runs years ago and many times we got stuck here and in the fish bowl. It's sad that it's still happening.
Interesting. In all the years I've played Wizard and had this particular gift-giver, it is only recently that I've been getting caught, but jeez, do I keep getting caught! If it's been a known bug, you'd think KI would have been working on it.