Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Where's my post?!" About moderation of the forums

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Wizards,

Activity in the forums has increased in the last few months with so many Wizards asking about the Spring Update and now the Summer Update. You all have so many great questions and ideas to share, it's been wonderful to see!

Due to the increase in activity though, we've had to also increase our review of your posts to ensure that they are in the right locations to be helpful to other forum visitors.

Before posting, please ensure:

1. There is no existing post of the same topic. If there is, reply there when possible instead of creating a new topic (Review all forum sections! You can use the search feature to aid you in identify an existing topic.)

2. When creating a new topic, review the forum section themes before posting. If your post is made in an inappropriate section, it will be moved.

3. You have a title and description that is clear to viewers. If the title is "Check this out", "About spells", or something vague and doesn't speak to the contents, it will not be approved.

After posting, if you cannot find your post, it's likely one of these situations occurred:

1. The topic needed to be moved to another section of the forums.

The post was merged with another existing topic of the same subject.

3. There were a few minor inflammatory comments, or grammatically the title was confusing, so we adjusted it ourselves.

4. There were too many inflammatory comments, or the subject itself was inappropriate, so the post was denied.

TIP: Use the Search function to find any post, including your own! They should still be identifiable even if moved and merged into another thread.

Please be sure to carefully read the Code of Conduct before posting. If you have any questions about these guidelines, let us know by replying below. Please only reply with relevant questions that are on-topic to this announcement.

Thanks!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Sparck,

We would love to see an increase in frequency in which posts are approved, especially on weekends when many players have time and are urging with questions/thoughts/feedback etc.

At times, day or even days can pass and the forums aren't updated.

This is even more vital during the test realm.

We appreciate the points noted above though.

Administrator
Star Edward on Jul 23, 2020 wrote:
Sparck,

We would love to see an increase in frequency in which posts are approved, especially on weekends when many players have time and are urging with questions/thoughts/feedback etc.

At times, day or even days can pass and the forums aren't updated.

This is even more vital during the test realm.

We appreciate the points noted above though.

A great goal we share as well. Unfortunately weekends are, well, weekends. We naturally have less staff during these times. Fortunately, you have me who is always up and about and does in fact lead our team on moderation through the weekends as needed.

Survivor
Nov 20, 2010
Survivor
May 03, 2020
I don't know if this happens already.... because I only signed on to use the board today.... but my first impression on being told it might take 12-24 hours for my topic to appear, and now, even more so on reading this, is that I don't know if I'll remember to look for it in 24 hours, especially if it was moved. I don't read this forum regularly.

Is there a way to send an email or something?

OK I'm looking around the interface and I see there's a "Watch this topic for replies" check box.

I can't remember which email I used for the account (because that was months ago) but that might work. However I didn't think to check that box when I created my topic (fist time user - I didn't know I'd need it) so....

I suggest you warn people before they make that first post that it might be worth checking that check box. It might save you some "Where's My Post?" queries. Or even make it automatic for the first post ever.

Administrator
Mackenzie Moonweav... on Sep 20, 2020 wrote:
I don't know if this happens already.... because I only signed on to use the board today.... but my first impression on being told it might take 12-24 hours for my topic to appear, and now, even more so on reading this, is that I don't know if I'll remember to look for it in 24 hours, especially if it was moved. I don't read this forum regularly.

Is there a way to send an email or something?

OK I'm looking around the interface and I see there's a "Watch this topic for replies" check box.

I can't remember which email I used for the account (because that was months ago) but that might work. However I didn't think to check that box when I created my topic (fist time user - I didn't know I'd need it) so....

I suggest you warn people before they make that first post that it might be worth checking that check box. It might save you some "Where's My Post?" queries. Or even make it automatic for the first post ever.
Hi Mackenzie, great questions!

Weekend approvals are sometimes delayed. Thank you for your patience here as we catch up on Mondays.

There is a Watched Topics option that will give you a bit more notice when visiting the forums, as you've seen.

Thanks for the tip for others as well!

Survivor
Feb 19, 2018
Yo, wanna ask you, is there any way how we know if a post or topic wasn't approved?
Waiting time for approval or just a simple response sometimes takes more than a day, or 2.

Administrator
tatussee on Sep 21, 2020 wrote:
Yo, wanna ask you, is there any way how we know if a post or topic wasn't approved?
Waiting time for approval or just a simple response sometimes takes more than a day, or 2.
Great question! After the topic is created, you have the ability to edit it, as well as bookmark and follow it. I would just bookmark the link where you can see it and then check back on occasion. Posts are usually approved no more than two days behind, but often the very morning after at the latest.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2018
Day 3 and my topic still nowhere.

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
It would really be helpful in there were a user's manual that listed everything in the game with an alphabetized index to find what page it was onand primarily how and for what it could be used .. . . then so many people would not have to stumble into the message boards to find out what the heck '+1 special event point' is, where it is, what it's for and how it's used or how you can stop it or delete it . . . I have no idea, therefore I am not interested in it.

To make sure a topic wasn't already covered by a post would take much time to think of every way it could be titled to check that . . . only to find not answers had been given.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Sparck on Jul 23, 2020 wrote:
Wizards,

Activity in the forums has increased in the last few months with so many Wizards asking about the Spring Update and now the Summer Update. You all have so many great questions and ideas to share, it's been wonderful to see!

Due to the increase in activity though, we've had to also increase our review of your posts to ensure that they are in the right locations to be helpful to other forum visitors.

1. There is no existing post of the same topic. If there is, reply there when possible instead of creating a new topic (Review all forum sections! You can use the search feature to aid you in identify an existing topic.)

2. When creating a new topic, review the forum section themes before posting. If your post is made in an inappropriate section, it will be moved.

3. You have a title and description that is clear to viewers. If the title is "Check this out", "About spells", or something vague and doesn't speak to the contents, it will not be approved.

After posting, if you cannot find your post, it's likely one of these situations occurred:

3. There were a few minor inflammatory comments, or grammatically the title was confusing, so we adjusted it ourselves.

4. There were too many inflammatory comments, or the subject itself was inappropriate, so the post was denied.

TIP: Use the Search function to find any post, including your own! They should still be identifiable even if moved and merged into another thread.

Please be sure to carefully read the Code of Conduct before posting. If you have any questions about these guidelines, let us know by replying below. Please only reply with relevant questions that are on-topic to this announcement.

Thanks!
I just posted a topic using the credentials above and it did not post. Why?

Administrator
Blake Anvilcrafter on Jan 7, 2021 wrote:
I just posted a topic using the credentials above and it did not post. Why?
Hi Blake! There are several reasons for a post not showing up immediately, or at all, but the most likely answer is we didn't get a chance to review it yet.

All posts should be approved or denied at this point, so hopefully it's visible!

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Sparck on Jan 7, 2021 wrote:
Hi Blake! There are several reasons for a post not showing up immediately, or at all, but the most likely answer is we didn't get a chance to review it yet.

All posts should be approved or denied at this point, so hopefully it's visible!
It's not. I don't see why it wouldn't

Survivor
Oct 16, 2009
Sparck on Jul 23, 2020 wrote:
Wizards,

Thanks!
can u check my unpublished post and tell me if something wrong with them, cause i have 2 unpublished ones

ty

Administrator
malevolent creatio... on Jan 26, 2021 wrote:
can u check my unpublished post and tell me if something wrong with them, cause i have 2 unpublished ones

ty
Will do! We regularly check posts a couple of times a day or more, so if it's not published by end of the day, it was rejected for some reason. It also could have been moved or merged with another post.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
Hi :-) Allan & AllanIronCloud here ... taking our time going through Azteca. But may need assistance fighting the final boss.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Sparck on Jan 7, 2021 wrote:

What would be the reason a time-sensitive post (new topic) would take so long? I made a topic for the upcoming KI Live with enough time for it to be seen so that others may post their tip and/or questions. I'm now worried you might be sick or unable to check your messages. I have posted other things since and my other posts are now up on the site (not sure if all of them are). Would a post or topic not be approved if someone at KI doesn't approve of the one posting it? Why is it taking so long to put up the topic for KI Live questions and Tips? I made the topic on Friday and it's now Wednesday and the show is tomorrow! I now have to assume it vanished into thin air and submit the topic again. Sparck, you are usually the one to make this topic so I hope everything is OK with you.

I'll redo the topic but if Sparck is sick or unable to do the approval, can Maceryn or someone else please see to it that it gets approved asap? Give us wizards who have only these forums to post on the chance to do so... even if it is only for the 1 day remaining. Thanks.

Administrator
stemogstel on Oct 27, 2021 wrote:
What would be the reason a time-sensitive post (new topic) would take so long? I made a topic for the upcoming KI Live with enough time for it to be seen so that others may post their tip and/or questions. I'm now worried you might be sick or unable to check your messages. I have posted other things since and my other posts are now up on the site (not sure if all of them are). Would a post or topic not be approved if someone at KI doesn't approve of the one posting it? Why is it taking so long to put up the topic for KI Live questions and Tips? I made the topic on Friday and it's now Wednesday and the show is tomorrow! I now have to assume it vanished into thin air and submit the topic again. Sparck, you are usually the one to make this topic so I hope everything is OK with you.

I'll redo the topic but if Sparck is sick or unable to do the approval, can Maceryn or someone else please see to it that it gets approved asap? Give us wizards who have only these forums to post on the chance to do so... even if it is only for the 1 day remaining. Thanks.
I'm going to go ahead and put on my own calendar to start a thread for KI Live Questions and Tips when the Tweets go out on the KI Live channel. I check the Forums once a day, I usually try to hit them in the mornings, but sometimes I have other things that need attending to first. I did see and approve the the one that was written on the 27th, I'm not sure about the first one though, I may have rejected it on accident thinking it was a different one or something. Anyway, I'm going to set a monthly reminder, so hopefully you won't have to worry about those specific topics anymore.

Side note, Spark is fine, he'll post any patch or update notes, but that's his main gig regarding Forums and, of course, if I ever need help with things I go to him for clarification if needed.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Since I've started posting regularly on the forum again, I've noticed the significantly increased waiting times. Before I could always trust that my post would be out within 24 hours, sometimes even 12 hours.

I would like this post to be productive though so I will offer some solutions:
1) You could put together a forum moderation team made up of Wizard101 players. You could make a public application form that players can fill out. They can be paid in crowns. I think many of us would jump at an opportunity like this, so it would be a pretty effective strategy to decrease waiting times.
2) Set up automatic forum notifications that inform us when a post we submit is approved or rejected. Since waiting times are less reliable now, this would be an extremely useful feature that would clear up a lot of confusion.

Thanks for reading and considering my ideas! I hope you like them!

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Fable Finder on Dec 26, 2021 wrote:
Since I've started posting regularly on the forum again, I've noticed the significantly increased waiting times. Before I could always trust that my post would be out within 24 hours, sometimes even 12 hours.

I would like this post to be productive though so I will offer some solutions:
1) You could put together a forum moderation team made up of Wizard101 players. You could make a public application form that players can fill out. They can be paid in crowns. I think many of us would jump at an opportunity like this, so it would be a pretty effective strategy to decrease waiting times.
2) Set up automatic forum notifications that inform us when a post we submit is approved or rejected. Since waiting times are less reliable now, this would be an extremely useful feature that would clear up a lot of confusion.

Thanks for reading and considering my ideas! I hope you like them!
I wish someone would tell me if a post I take the time to write up gets rejected. I have new Topics I created in December and January nowhere to be found and those Topics were to help both the company and the game-player. It's as if whoever read them took it as criticism they didn't know how to deal with. It's beyond frustrating waiting 3 months. I was told it's just a slow turn-around but it's either ridiculous waiting so long or they were not approved.

But in the meantime I have made several other posts and replies and some show right away while 3 posts took awhile and then all showed on the same day. They are not showing in order of when they were sent. Can a mod please re-read my 2 Topics I've been waiting months for? Titles are 'Red Can't be Read' and 'Remembering Finnigan'.

Administrator
stemogstel on Feb 27, 2022 wrote:
I wish someone would tell me if a post I take the time to write up gets rejected. I have new Topics I created in December and January nowhere to be found and those Topics were to help both the company and the game-player. It's as if whoever read them took it as criticism they didn't know how to deal with. It's beyond frustrating waiting 3 months. I was told it's just a slow turn-around but it's either ridiculous waiting so long or they were not approved.

But in the meantime I have made several other posts and replies and some show right away while 3 posts took awhile and then all showed on the same day. They are not showing in order of when they were sent. Can a mod please re-read my 2 Topics I've been waiting months for? Titles are 'Red Can't be Read' and 'Remembering Finnigan'.
Apologies stemogstel for the delay in some of these posts being approved. As you have in the past, feel free to inquire about any particular post in email. Please allow though for at least 48-72 hours for a post to be approved (not including weekends) before contacting us if it's not urgent.

Thanks!

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
I do appreciate the need for this forum to be moderated. But frankly, it's not that active and now that posts are taking well over a day to be approved, it seems even less useful to the community. It's really hard to have a coherent discussion about anything when posts take several days to appear. I don't feel very motivated to respond knowing that in the few days it make take my post to appear, the original poster will surely have gotten their question answered elsewhere or taken their discussion elsewhere. I think if you want this to be a useful community resource and to encourage helpful members of the community to participate, you need to speed up the moderation.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Sparck on Mar 2, 2022 wrote:
Apologies stemogstel for the delay in some of these posts being approved. As you have in the past, feel free to inquire about any particular post in email. Please allow though for at least 48-72 hours for a post to be approved (not including weekends) before contacting us if it's not urgent.

Thanks!
Sparck, my Feb 27 post in this Topic was for 2 Topics I submitted months prior. Your reply says I should email you about it and I have and got no answer.

On May 1st I submitted a new Topic. It's a fun poem that everyone would enjoy. I have sent you 3 emails before your first reply in which you ask for the exact title so you could investigate. And yes, I consider this poem urgent. It was supposed to be for everyone to read on the day it was posted which is why I skipped doing real life things to get it on the site super early that day. It is now past the 72 hour mark. Even if 72 hours is tomorrow considering May 1 was Sunday, it still shouldn't take this long. Posts I have made since are showing up so why is this one not?

I have gone from posting something that had me smiling from the time I thought it up till the time I clicked submit; to feeling real discouragement. This was a poem with May Fool's as the entire intent. I thought to do it 'cause we can put it in a sentence to say, I May fool you. There is 2 ways that can be read. I put my heart into it.

When can everyone be able to enjoy this poem? What is the holdup?

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
stemogstel on May 4, 2022 wrote:
Sparck, my Feb 27 post in this Topic was for 2 Topics I submitted months prior. Your reply says I should email you about it and I have and got no answer.

On May 1st I submitted a new Topic. It's a fun poem that everyone would enjoy. I have sent you 3 emails before your first reply in which you ask for the exact title so you could investigate. And yes, I consider this poem urgent. It was supposed to be for everyone to read on the day it was posted which is why I skipped doing real life things to get it on the site super early that day. It is now past the 72 hour mark. Even if 72 hours is tomorrow considering May 1 was Sunday, it still shouldn't take this long. Posts I have made since are showing up so why is this one not?

I have gone from posting something that had me smiling from the time I thought it up till the time I clicked submit; to feeling real discouragement. This was a poem with May Fool's as the entire intent. I thought to do it 'cause we can put it in a sentence to say, I May fool you. There is 2 ways that can be read. I put my heart into it.

When can everyone be able to enjoy this poem? What is the holdup?
I re-read the 1st post from this Topic and figured it was the title I gave my poem as the reason for it not showing up. I was still not entirely sure and never was told in the emails. I changed the title from the vague 'I May Fool You' to a more site-appropriate "Ode to Arena" and it appeared on the site within an hour! Check it out here:
www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/ode-to-arena-8ad6a427806f3b6a01809a5b91f57170?page=1
I am sure all will enjoy

Survivor
Oct 13, 2008
Ive tried making quite a few topics and posts and none of them are ever approved or i cant find them. they all follow the rules and criteria so im confused as to why I'm unable to have my posts approved?