Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Magic Mirror image doesn't match how the character actually looks

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
I've found a lot of character looks I like when I see them in the Magic Mirror - but after I buy the makeover, my character's face looks noticeably different from what I thought I was getting.

The difference isn't huge, but it's enough to turn a face I liked into a face I never would have chosen.

The issue seems to be that the Magic Mirror makes my (female) character's face appear longer and narrower, more of an oval shape, whereas in the game itself the face is much closer to round.

The facial features are changed the same way. So, outside of the Magic Mirror, eyes are longer and narrower, mouths are wider and lips thinner, and for some reason certain mouths seem to default to a frown when the mirror showed a more neutral expression.

I also noted that the features I see in the Magic Mirror seem much closer to my characters' previous looks, while those that appear in-game seem only distantly related to the way my characters looked last night - so I assume the Magic Mirror appearance is the one that was intended to appear across the board.

Please fix this so both views match! I'd much rather play the game than spend my time buying makeover after makeover and hoping one of them looks decent outside of the mirror.

I have screenshots of this, but as a first-time poster, I can't figure out how to include them.

Administrator
AnimateThought on Jul 22, 2020 wrote:
I've found a lot of character looks I like when I see them in the Magic Mirror - but after I buy the makeover, my character's face looks noticeably different from what I thought I was getting.

The difference isn't huge, but it's enough to turn a face I liked into a face I never would have chosen.

The issue seems to be that the Magic Mirror makes my (female) character's face appear longer and narrower, more of an oval shape, whereas in the game itself the face is much closer to round.

The facial features are changed the same way. So, outside of the Magic Mirror, eyes are longer and narrower, mouths are wider and lips thinner, and for some reason certain mouths seem to default to a frown when the mirror showed a more neutral expression.

I also noted that the features I see in the Magic Mirror seem much closer to my characters' previous looks, while those that appear in-game seem only distantly related to the way my characters looked last night - so I assume the Magic Mirror appearance is the one that was intended to appear across the board.

Please fix this so both views match! I'd much rather play the game than spend my time buying makeover after makeover and hoping one of them looks decent outside of the mirror.

I have screenshots of this, but as a first-time poster, I can't figure out how to include them.
Hi AnimateThought, thanks for reporting this difference! With the new changes to the Magic Mirror, there are bound to be some slight discrepancies in view using it. We'll take a look!

Administrator
Can you send those screenshots to community@kingsislel.com with a link back to this post please? Thanks!

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
Hello,

I noticed an offputting animation when my character casts a spell. Specifically, she opens her mouth wide and closes it, and I personally find it very awkward. I noticed this is an issue for anyone using a wand that's held above the waist (not including staffs).

I am using the Artists' Armaments wand.

I would appreciate it if this issue could be resolved. I am willing to post a video if need be.