Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is Conserve PIp even a thing?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
If a yellow pip is the same as two white pips, why not count them the same.

When a person who has three power pips casts a rank five spell, they should automatically still have a white pip left. Make everyone's pips conserve 100%.

Or you could not have any yellow pips, just a maximum of 14 white pips. Or you could have no yellow and no white pips, just a "pip counter," a number.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Actually it's a limit on other schools using the TC of your spell. By having conserve pips it allows for more flexibility within your own school, while checking other schools appropriately. It is, among other reasons, why mastery amulets are valuable; it makes for interesting gameplay choices

Survivor
Jan 14, 2012
Yea, I agree with the reply that you need to limit what other schools can use I find pip conserve a very useful feature.

Defender
Nov 14, 2015
DavidSandwalker on Jul 22, 2020 wrote:
Yea, I agree with the reply that you need to limit what other schools can use I find pip conserve a very useful feature.
Yea but why not just make it default for your own school to auto conserve, That's what the OP is asking for. Read between his lines and he's mostly just talking about if you have 3 power pips and I cast minotaur as myth why does it take all 6 pips.