Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets failing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 10, 2013
Can someone tell me why my pets continue to fail? No matter how many times I hatch. They always fail. I'll give an example.
I have this Plucky Gryphon with the talents Canny and Myth-eye. I'm hatching it with an Ethreal Knight in the kiosk that has

Pain-Giver
Spell-Proof
Spell-Defy
Incredibly Infallible
Myth-Dealer.

My first hatch gets
Spritely
Myth Assailant

I took this pet and hatched again with the same Ethreal Knight

My second hatch gets
Spell-Defying
Fire-Giver

I took this pet and hatched yet again with the Ethreal Knight

My third hatch gets
Pain-giver
Fire-Giver
Armor breaker

I don't know if I'm super unlucky or what but no matter how much time and money I put into this infuriating game, I can't get what I want when it comes to pets. I literally opened 2 Grizzleheim packs on my Ice and I got Ratatoskr's Spin.

I don't want that on my Ice! I was opening packs for fun not for the spell.

I feel kingsisle doesn't treat their community right. We the playerbase keep their game alive and yet they can't give back by making the game less frustrating. I dunno, maybe I'm asking for too much. Sorry for the rant.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Your mistake was hatching that baby that had a bad talent.

Take your pet with Spritely and Myth Assailant, and only hatch THAT one with the original parent until you get a baby that has two specific talents that you're looking for. Take that better baby and go back to hatch until you have three talents you want. Then, take the three-talent pet and start the process again, this time trying to unlock four good talents.

Hatching a perfect pet is tedious, time-consuming and insanely expensive. ... But there is a method to it that will pay off eventually.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Mar 28, 2011
Watch Ferric's "Pet Copying Guide" on youtube. You'll learn all you need to know about how to make your perfect pet.