Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Customizable Sign Option Requests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
Hello!

I've been playing the game for 11 years but this is my first time posting to the forums, so I hope I'm doing this right.

I've recently been setting up a teleporter area in one of my castles to link to all of my other castles. I currently have 51 castles, so as you can imagine, the idea of being able to label each one is very appealing. However, I noticed that the customizable signs currently only offer the ability to say "_character's name_'s _castle name_". As my character has a fairly long name (Jasmine WillowDust), this makes a lot the signs turn out very wordy, with small text that is squished-looking and generally hard to read. I would like to request the option to have castle names available on the sign menu that do NOT include your wizard's name. So, instead of saying "Jasmine WillowDust's Massive Fantasy Palace" (for example), it would just say "Massive Fantasy Palace", which I think would look a lot nicer and clearer for my needs. (Also, considering I intend on having a lot of signs for castles in the same area, having them all say my character's name seems pretty redundant.) This option would be SO much better for me, and I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one to feel that way! If a sign is in a wizard's home, I think it's fairly obvious that it will link to THEIR castle, so I don't feel like the character name is really necessary. However, you could still leave the original option, and just add the new option as a separate category (if you decide to add this option at all).

Additionally, something else I've noticed is a bit of a lack of options for general directions and such. I would love options for signs to say "Up", "Down, "Left", "Right", etc (currently the only up & down options are "Look Up" and "Look Down", which don't really make sense in the context that I would need them for). I would also love signs for activities like "Gardening", "Crafting", and "Fishing" so I can use signs to label teleporters headed to areas I use frequently for those specific activities.

There are also a handful of general sign options I think could be very useful- one simply just saying "Home" would be great, as well as ones saying "Back" and "Forward". Lastly, some options to direct to a castle's daily gift feature (such as the Lost & Found in the Castaway's Bungalow, or the Sarcophagus in the Darkmoor Manor) would be very helpful. Some examples could be "This Way to Daily Gift", "Daily Gift Here", or simply "Daily Gift" (they could also just say "Gift"- I'm not 100% set on the specific wording for this one).

Anyways, I hope that you will consider these ideas, as they seem relatively simple to implement, but would make a HUGE difference for me in decorating my castles, which is one of my favorite parts of the game! Thank you! :)

Administrator
kanarrak on Jul 15, 2020 wrote:
Hello!

I've been playing the game for 11 years but this is my first time posting to the forums, so I hope I'm doing this right.

I've recently been setting up a teleporter area in one of my castles to link to all of my other castles. I currently have 51 castles, so as you can imagine, the idea of being able to label each one is very appealing. However, I noticed that the customizable signs currently only offer the ability to say "_character's name_'s _castle name_". As my character has a fairly long name (Jasmine WillowDust), this makes a lot the signs turn out very wordy, with small text that is squished-looking and generally hard to read. I would like to request the option to have castle names available on the sign menu that do NOT include your wizard's name. So, instead of saying "Jasmine WillowDust's Massive Fantasy Palace" (for example), it would just say "Massive Fantasy Palace", which I think would look a lot nicer and clearer for my needs. (Also, considering I intend on having a lot of signs for castles in the same area, having them all say my character's name seems pretty redundant.) This option would be SO much better for me, and I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one to feel that way! If a sign is in a wizard's home, I think it's fairly obvious that it will link to THEIR castle, so I don't feel like the character name is really necessary. However, you could still leave the original option, and just add the new option as a separate category (if you decide to add this option at all).

Additionally, something else I've noticed is a bit of a lack of options for general directions and such. I would love options for signs to say "Up", "Down, "Left", "Right", etc (currently the only up & down options are "Look Up" and "Look Down", which don't really make sense in the context that I would need them for). I would also love signs for activities like "Gardening", "Crafting", and "Fishing" so I can use signs to label teleporters headed to areas I use frequently for those specific activities.

There are also a handful of general sign options I think could be very useful- one simply just saying "Home" would be great, as well as ones saying "Back" and "Forward". Lastly, some options to direct to a castle's daily gift feature (such as the Lost & Found in the Castaway's Bungalow, or the Sarcophagus in the Darkmoor Manor) would be very helpful. Some examples could be "This Way to Daily Gift", "Daily Gift Here", or simply "Daily Gift" (they could also just say "Gift"- I'm not 100% set on the specific wording for this one).

Anyways, I hope that you will consider these ideas, as they seem relatively simple to implement, but would make a HUGE difference for me in decorating my castles, which is one of my favorite parts of the game! Thank you! :)
Welcome kanarrak to the forums!

51 castles? wow! We'd love to see some of them sometime if you are interested in sharing your decorating prowess.

This is a good idea on the signs, I'll make sure the team knows about your suggestion.

Thanks!

It's too late to add these housing sign suggestions to the Summer update but I'll try to get them into the Fall update.

Arthur

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Jul 20, 2020 wrote:
It's too late to add these housing sign suggestions to the Summer update but I'll try to get them into the Fall update.

Arthur
While you're considering that, can you also look into letting us mount our photomancy pictures into our housing?

Thanks!

Alia Misthaven