Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What If wand hits did NOT use any blades or traps?.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 27, 2016
Everyone has a cleansing/removing shields problem(at some time or another).
Balance has it all the time and death some of the time.
What if wands hits did not use any blades or traps?.
Most people can use wands of a "different school", to help,
Balance MUST almost always keep cleanses,and pierces in his tc deck,
if he faces a weakness spamming boss, or let someone else team up.
since we have the hood up for changes, it a what if question?.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
I feel this would be great, and fair. Good proposal. Makes PvE easier.

My concern is PvP, and a PvP player should weigh in here, but would this be a problem in PvP? Would it be too annoying? My gut says this would be a PvE change that would hurt PvP.

Maybe instead if there was a BALANCE ONLY wand/series of wands that did not use Balanceblades or Hexes(Maybe feints for good measure)?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
so, here's the issue I see. If they dont use blades/traps, then they wont use shields. I for one would HATE that as a PvE.

Explorer
Jan 10, 2012
I was thinking it would. All wand hits would simply ignores blades, traps, and feints.(no multipliers)

Just tying to find a way to fix balances main deficit and benefit, everything uses his universals.

If we made shadow wands ignore BTF, would that effect anyone negatively? (I assume the bosses complain)
And of course people under level 95 who would not have access to it?.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2013
I just don't even bother with the treasure cards at all. If I get hit with a Weakness or other, I just half die inside and let it be.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2017
See, the wand spells as everyone knows costs low to no pips and does small damage. As a balance player it gets annoying when you have bad luck drawing and end up having to use blades/traps then immediately use a basic wand spell and waste the blade/trap or trash spells that could potentially be used to fake out shields. If the basic wand spells ignored everything, and was only affected by basic stat resists and increases, then that would open up for potentially more combos in both PvE and PvP.