Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bubbles (Globals) for Death, Life, and Balance

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 20, 2008
For years now, we've had the spells Red Ghost and Brown Spider which give +25% global boosts to death and life damage, respectively. Then, there's Balance which doesn't have any global or spell that has a global damage effect. Are there any plans to make damage boosts for these schools? Maybe Red Ghost, Brown Spider, and a new Balance one could be made into official spell card?

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
You mean one accessible earlier than Gaze of Fate?

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
rest on Jul 14, 2020 wrote:
You mean one accessible earlier than Gaze of Fate?
Yep. Balance really deserves one earlier. It's a lot more difficult in lower level PvP to change bubbles for Balance since their current bubble boosts power pip chance.

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
I think a lore spell with a death/life/balance bubble might be a good idea, but a straight damage bubble like the other schools have isn't something I'd stand by, for the same reason why I wouldn't stand by a balance shield or prism. It was a developmental choice they made that made the game more interesting. Changing that to make all the classes more same, not a good idea.

Either way, bubbles are getting used less and less. In fact, I see people using Doom and Gloom and Sanctuary far more often than Wyldfire, Balefrost, Darkwind, or Time of Legend, and at low levels Power Play has viability. That said, this is coming from a PvE perspective more than a PvP perspective.