Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beastmoon: Permanently Unlocking Beast Forms? (Question)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
Hello, so I've been doing Beastmoon as the Wolf Warrior mostly and I'm curious to know if there is a way to permanently unlock any specific beast form without repaying for it the next event. For example, I would level the Wolf to lvl 5, but when a new event started it would reset to level 1. I don't like wasting my resources on the tiers as it is very expensive. Is it not possible to keep it at the max level if you paid for it? Or do you need to have max level and tier for it to stay the same lvl/tier for the next event? Sorry I'm just curious since I don't want to pay for the tiers if it definitely doesn't permanently unlock the leveled up beast form for the future events. Thanks!

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
You're right, increasing your form's Tier is how you permanently boost your Beastform's level.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Colinfish17 on Jul 13, 2020 wrote:
Hello, so I've been doing Beastmoon as the Wolf Warrior mostly and I'm curious to know if there is a way to permanently unlock any specific beast form without repaying for it the next event. For example, I would level the Wolf to lvl 5, but when a new event started it would reset to level 1. I don't like wasting my resources on the tiers as it is very expensive. Is it not possible to keep it at the max level if you paid for it? Or do you need to have max level and tier for it to stay the same lvl/tier for the next event? Sorry I'm just curious since I don't want to pay for the tiers if it definitely doesn't permanently unlock the leveled up beast form for the future events. Thanks!
Yes, you want to upgrade the tier of the form....not the level. Upgrading a tier not only increases its level, but you keep the form unlocked for the next Beastmoon event. The downside is that the Lunari cost to upgrade tiers compared to levels is more significant.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
What do you mean it levels it up when you tier up? I thought tiers only added more Battle Card space which is not very useful if you are already leveling it up and getting some extra battle card space.

Explorer
Nov 16, 2016
When Beastmoon originally came out, levels and tiers were separate. After an update a few months ago, when you buy a tier, it also buys the corresponding level. For example, if you buy Tier 2, you will permanently have level 2, tier 2. You can still increase the level during a Beastmoon Hunt, but if you haven't increased the tier, the level will revert after the end of that Hunt.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
It used to be that way, but now every time a Beastmoon event starts, your Beastforms' Levels will become equal to their Tiers, rather than always starting at 1. It will also level your Beastforms if you Tier them up in the middle of an event, and then your Tier is higher than your level.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
So wait, you're saying if I went to tier 5, I will also be level 5 automatically forever? Not just until the end of that specific event? I didn't know this and I've kept having to re-buy up to level 5 because I never bought the tiers.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Colinfish17 on Aug 18, 2020 wrote:
So wait, you're saying if I went to tier 5, I will also be level 5 automatically forever? Not just until the end of that specific event? I didn't know this and I've kept having to re-buy up to level 5 because I never bought the tiers.
That's correct. A tier stays forever.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
Great, thanks for clearing it up! Next time Beastmoon comes around I'll have to upgrade tiers only haha.