Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Byes should be full points

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 04, 2019
Hello byes are given and something that you cannot control so it needs to be full points because I dont deserve to get second place after winning all my matches because I get a bye in the first round.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Snow7450 on Jul 7, 2020 wrote:
Hello byes are given and something that you cannot control so it needs to be full points because I dont deserve to get second place after winning all my matches because I get a bye in the first round.
I feel the issue with this would be, instances where you get 3 byes in a row and only need 1 match to come first xd.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
angellifeheart on Aug 20, 2020 wrote:
I feel the issue with this would be, instances where you get 3 byes in a row and only need 1 match to come first xd.
Fair enough point but the chances of this happening are so slim at normal levels it's unrealistic to think it'd happen. I agree with OP here, if you get a bye at any point in the tournament it's pretty much impossible to get 1st even if you go undefeated

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
JewelKI on Aug 23, 2020 wrote:
Fair enough point but the chances of this happening are so slim at normal levels it's unrealistic to think it'd happen. I agree with OP here, if you get a bye at any point in the tournament it's pretty much impossible to get 1st even if you go undefeated
Ya thats true, but you can't get full credit for a match you havent really won, you can't also blame the game for uneven participants. So in situation like these half point is awarded rather than full. Unless they make it that the number 1 contender gets to approve or disapprove fighting the bye user then i dunno honestly.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
100% agree. Should give the full points. Complete RNG that the bye picks your character to advance in the first place.