Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Just some thoughts...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 04, 2020
I've been playing this game since '09 on and off (mostly on) being my favorite school. I love seeing the game grow watching new worlds come out, spells, gear, etc.. Seeing a full page+ of realms full felt great, I actually didn't know whether to post this here or in the test realm discussion since I do have regular spell and the shadow pip spell changes not in the TR so I decided to throw it here but let's just get right into it.
Spell damage and effect changes *just for current spells*

Earthquake:Deals 450 damage and removes charms and ward from all enemies. I feel like the damage given to Mystic Colossus' nerf would better fit earthquake making it imho a solid spell giving it a nice value with it's damage per pip and with its effect and not some I would use once to look at its animation and dump the rest of the game.
Minions: Different topic entirely

Scarecrow: Deals 490 health steal damage to all enemies and returns half to caster.

Weird # I know but it would bring Scarecrow's damage per pip to a cool 70 which I feel would aid its feeling of being an underwhelming spell especially with how enchants work with drains.

Shadow Shrike: +50% Armor Piercing, +10% outgoing Damage, -25 or -30% Accuracy (not sure), and +10% Armor Piercing to the next outgoing Damage or Steal Spell to self and all allies after an attack is cast for 3 Rounds.
I think making the drawback of shrike taking a hit to accuracy instead of healing would be a much better drawback and would make players think a bit more about if they really want to commit to it.

Shadow Trickster: I have a few ideas with this one basically making it just like the boss with...
*PVE and PVP*
+5% Armor Piercing, +15% outgoing Damage, Trick or Treat 1
(Trick 1: Steals 1 Power Pip from the target and gives it to the caster)
(Treat 1: Steals 1 Charm and 1Ward from the target and gives it to the caster) *Would probably make stun blocks immune to this effect*
or
*PVP* Using Shadow trickster allows for critical hits to do 200% damage, it still gives you the +25% critical rating and the -30% critical block rating, but you also get a +30-50% Incoming Damage (not sure). Trick 1

Now for where this topic could have gone into the TR discussion. These are just some simple ideas I had of how I buff them.

Mystic Colossus: Steals 1 Ward and Deals 600 or 640 damage to all enemies
*not sure ultimately what I would choose, only reason I got Khrulu higher in damage is because of the ward removal before the attack which makes thinking about its damage a bit trickier*

Abominable Weaver: Deals 640-760 Damage to target and -50% to the next incoming Damage or Steal Spell to self

Call of Khrulu: Deals 650 health steal damage to all enemies and returns half to caster

Glowbug Squall: Deals 840 Damage to and removes 2 positive Charms from all enemies

Rusulka's Wrath: Would have to make significantly better than Iron Sultan or nerf the latter

Gaze of Fate: 350 damage + 350 school damage & +25% Global damage global

Hungry Caterpillar: Deals 640-760 damage, then absorbs 800 damage to self

Fire from Above: Deals 820-900 Damage and +25% to the next 1 incoming Fire Damage Spells to target

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
I actually really, really like your proposals for the nerfs. The spells definitely were nerfed, but with these changes, the spells are still useable! I hope KI takes these into consideration.
130 130 105 75 72 57 10